Grassington Lodge
Red Lion Hotel(Burnsall)
US$105
US$102
  • Restaurant
The Devonshire Fell Hotel(Burnsall)
US$287
US$405
Travelocity
US$144
Very Good 4/5
The Yorke Arms(Pateley Bridge)
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmolton brown toiletriesthe ownercomplimentary sherryb beggs benedictfresh milk in the fridgeflat screen tvthe main houseyorkshire breakfastattention to detailon arrivallog firebreakfast was excellentyorkshire daleslittle touchespre dinnerdvd player
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We have stayed at Grassington Lodge 3 times and it just gets better and better. This time we stayed in Vendale 1 which is seperate from the main building, large and comfortable and felt nice and secluded. We have found several lovely b & b's in the uk but the attention to detail here is very rare and Diane seems to be consantly vigilant to ensure that the extremely high standards are maintained.

We are looking forward to our next visit already.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Thank you so much for your review and for your continued business!! It is good to be appreciated for the maintaining of standards which shows that neither myself nor my staff are complacent.....although fallible occasionally of course!! Your review indicates that you will probably be back to Grassington and, hopefully, to us! Grassington certainly does have a magic about it that brings visitors back time and time again!
Regards Diane

Reviewed 24 April 2011

Stayed in April with the family. Very welcoming, pot of tea on arrival. The whole place is spotless and Diane is very helpful. Near to centre of Grassington so handy for pubs and restaurants but no noise at night. Great breakfasts. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
DianeGLodge, Manager at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

The family of 4 walking the Inn Way, I presume!! Thank you for the review and thank you for trying to book in with us again so soon.....pity I wasn't able to accommodate you but hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Regards Diane

Reviewed 13 April 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in Grassington Lodge we came for my birthday and some walking.A good first impression spotlessly clean,bright and airey. bedroom was fine with Molton Brown toiletries which were lovely!.Beakfasts very good fresh fruits and home made Granola along with cooked breakfasts if you wanted.Staff very helpful and polite Alex was very nice also met the owner Diane who chatted to us and gave us lots of info.We would not hesitate to reccomened this B and B if you want somewhere to stay in Grassington .Many Thanks

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank felinesussex11
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2011

I am pleased that you enjoyed celebrating your birthday in the very special village of Grassington and with us at Grassington Lodge. My home-made Granola is a recent addition to the breakfast menu and has indeed proved to be very popular....I only hope I can find the time to keep up with the demand!! What wasn't home-made was the fantastic weather you had during your stay.....wish I could take the credit for that!!
Thank you for your review and I hope that you return to us....perhaps for a future birthday!
Kind regards
Diane

Reviewed 13 April 2011

We stayed in the Grassington for a week and couldn't have been happier. Our room was immaculate, so fresh, clean and roomy. There was a TV and DVD player in our room with a large selection of DVDs available it wanted. Fresh milk, replenished each day, in our fridge and lovely toiletries again a plentiful supply. We were asked if we would like anything other than what was on the breakfast menu but we were more than happy with what was available. diane and staff couldn't have made us feel more cared for. I would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. I am glad we helped to make your visit to Grassington memorable and hope you will come back and visit again. It is reassuring that even after such a lengthy stay with us, when there may be time to see any possible 'cracks in the operations' (if there are any of course....) that you were so delighted! I have to give the credit to my staff who take great pride in what they do and demonstrate such care. Staff can be trained to do a job but they cannot be trained to CARE!!
Kind regards
Diane

Reviewed 7 April 2011

I recently stayed 3 nights at Grassington lodge. On the plus side the Lodge is very clean and tidy. Its in a great location to walk into town and take in the dinning delights of the Devonshire arms and Grassington House both superb food.
I would call the breakfast pretty good.
On the down side thier is not enough parking for all guests on site.
My first night i have to say was terrible. My bed had a collapsed matress which i do not call 5star. This was however rectified the next day after talking to the owner , whom felt it ok to charge me full 5 star price even when it was not recieved. I was not happy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rugbylad13
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

I am so sorry that you appear not to have had the best experience during your stay with us but what a shame you didn’t discuss such issues with me face to face at the time.

As I recall quite clearly, after your first night’s stay, you did quite rightly complain about the bed (although another reviewer on this site had a multi-night stay in the same room prior to your arrival and we received a glowing review). I promised you one of two things: a) to either replace the mattress or b) if unable to replace the mattress to find alternative accommodation of a similar standard in an attempt to ensure that the rest of your stay in Grassington was comfortable. After inspecting the mattress, I took action immediately, accepting that the mattress was not at its best, and had it replaced before lunchtime, whilst you were out. No easy task as I was a ‘desperate’ customer so had no chance of shopping around and had to buy retail from a shop who couldn’t deliver so I had to make costly arrangements to have the mattress transported….but I consider customer service to be the life-blood of my business so I was just glad I could make such arrangements to ensure a good nights sleep for your following two nights.

In response to your dissatisfaction about parking. For those who know Grassington, it will be appreciated that parking is at a premium in a village whose charm is partly based on its age and quaintness and Grassington Lodge is not ‘built for purpose’ in all aspects in the way that many modern hotels are. I have, to my knowledge, more parking spaces than any other B & B in Grassington and I do have a parking plan on the front desk with a polite request that guests are considerate of others….but cannot of course enforce this as I would perhaps be accused of being too militant!

I am sorry that your stay at Grassington Lodge did not reach your expectations and accept that, to quote the title of your review, you “will not return” but hope that it has not clouded any desire to return to the village of Grassington.

If my Trip Advisor reviews are anything to go by, I do seem to please most of my guests most of the time but will never become complacent or dismissive about my guests’ experiences here and do thank you for taking the time to submit a review nevertheless.