“Excellent Weekend Break”

Ranked #1 of 20 Grassington B&B and Inns
liverpool
“Excellent Weekend Break”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was our 2nd visit to Grassington Lodge for the Dickensian Festival. Both stays were fantastic, we could not fault anything. We stayed in the suite first time and Room 7 last weekend. Both rooms were lovely, very clean and spacious, Molton Brown toiletries and dressing gowns were provided and the decor throughout the rooms and house is very modern and up market.The breakfasts were fantastic,well cooked and plentiful and set us up for the day
We appreciated the sherry left for us to help ourselves and the mulled wine and roasted chestnuts after the Dickensian Festival, this was a really nice touch.
I would really recommend visiting the village of Grassington and the Dickensian Festival for a traditional Christmas experience. The effort the locals put into the festival is amazing and all the events and activities are very enjoyable.
Diane is the perfect host and very helpful offering to post something back to us that we left in our room..
Well done Diane and many thanks for the perfect weekend, very much looking forward to returning to Grassington Lodge in the near future
Angela and Peter.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Hi Angela & Peter and thank you so much for taking the time to review your weekend with us for the Dickensian Festival which seemed to be enjoyed by all (including me.....a great opportunity for me to dress up and strut around the village of Grassington!) A great way to 'kick start' Christmas!!
The prepartion for thefirst Dickensian weekend for me was a bit of a trial as I had taken on the task of re-furnishing 7 of the rooms (including Room 7) and it was touch and go at times whether all would be ready.....phew!! I am delighted with the way Room 7 came together and glad you appreciated it.
Hope to see you again in the not too distant future.
Kindest regards
Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Gorgeous room - which we were upgraded to due to a minor booking error (we had requested a room with a shower but only standard room available had a bath). Breakfast was scrummy and filled you up nicely for a day's walking. And Diana was the perfect hostess making sure we were happy at all times. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thechiefette
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Pleased to hear that you had a good stay and 'Fantastic B & B' is a compliment indeed! Trying to be modest, it is not too hard to want to provide quality accommodation, service, food and welcome to my guests....i.e., what I would want for myself when I get away and just 'the way things should be'!!
Thank you for your review and I hope you will return to Grassington Lodge.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Room was a bit small but food and staff excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
I have to admit that some rooms are a little smaller than I would like, however, they are (I hope you agree) more than adequate and I do have many rooms which are spacious. I try and compensate in some way by offering many of the same facilities and equipment that I provide in my larger rooms.
Thank you for submitting your review and for appreciating the breakfast. Also thank you for your comments regarding my wonderful staff who genuinely care so much for our guests and their comfort and whose happiness provides a relaxed atmosphere in the house!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My boyfriend and I had a lovely long weekend at Grassington Lodge. We came up for my birthday weekend and were given a very warm welcome by the staff of the hotel on the evening of our arrival. For us the location was perfect as it was close to all the little shops in the small town but also very peaceful. The breakfast was very good and of a high quality and set in a very comfortable room. The owner was always around at breakfast to offer advice on the local area. Our room was comfortable and very clean with Molton Brown toiletries and lovely white robes. The only thing which I would have changed was our bed which was very soft and a bit rickety, but that still didn't prevent a good night's sleep. I would definitely recommend Grassington Lodge to anyone looking to stay in Grassington.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank LivPops
I am glad we made your birthday special by you having such a good experience with us. The location is indeed ideal....very close proximity to the village and yet quiet. I am curious to know which room you were in so that I can rectify the 'rickety' bed, do please let me know.
Thank you for submitting your review.
Stokesley
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This is the first review I have written on Trip Advisor but feel compelled to do so as Grassington Lodge most definately deserves praise. A real home from home with lovely comfy beds and an excellent home cooked breakfast. Its the small touches that make the difference such as the bottle of Croft Sherry so you can help yourself to a pre dinner drink and mints on your return. We will definately be back

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for submitting a review on what was seemingly a good experience for you at Grassington Lodge....and hopefully the village and the area.
'Home from Home' is what we set out to achieve and it is very encouraging for our aims to be recognised!
Dont leave it too long before your next visit and look out for the revamped website early next year!
Cheshire
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We booked Grassington Lodge by chance but found it to be very good and can recomend it for your stay in the Yorkshire Dales. The situation is very close to the centre of Grassington but is very quiet at night even with the window open. The rooms we had No. 1 and No 8 were all very well equiped and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was very good with a choice of Yorkshire breakfast or salmon and scrambled egg which were all cooked to order.

As a walking group we have gone away twice a year for many years but this is the best B and B we have stayed in. Thank you to Diana and the lovely young lady from Bulgaria who served breakfast and did all the hard work.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
DianeGLodge, Owner at Grassington Lodge, responded to this review, 30 October 2011
Doing my 'Miss Marple' bit....I think I know who you are! From what you told me you have stayed in numerous B & Bs so for us to be rated the best, in your experience, is praise indeed....many thanks.
It was fun to have you to stay.....I particularly enjoyed the banter between yourselves! Hope to see you again if you feel up to the challenge of further walking in the area.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This was our second stay at Grassington Lodge. Before we left Australia we had spent many hours looking for a B&B "just like Grassington Lodge" and came to the conclusion that there is only one.

Diane was wonderful and welcoming and remembered us from our previous visit in 2009 - even down to remembering our quirks and odd requests. She reserved our old room for us in the Vendale building which is separate from the main house and very quiet. The room was spacious, well set up and spotlessly clean and as there are only two rooms in the Vendale building we had a very quiet and peaceful week. The tea tray is very well set up with a good range of teas and coffee as well as delicious biscuits.

Breakfasts were every bit as good as we remembered them - cereals, juices, conserves etc. plus a large range of hot food cooked to order and perfection.

Grassington is a picture-perfect Dales village with good pubs and restaurants. It's popular with walkers and cyclists due to its proximity to the Dales Way while our own preference is to absorb the character and history of Yorkshire. I couldn't imagine a better place to use as a base for exploration and I couldn't imagine a better Yorkshire B&B to stay at.

The main house has a sizeable guest lounge with books, magazines, board games etc. and the nicest touch of all - a complimentary tray of sherry and chocolates. Nothing is too much trouble for Diane and her wonderful staff. The next time we look for "something as good as Grassington" we know exactly where we'll be looking !!

Room Tip: If you like total peace and quiet you couldn't do better than the Vendale rooms