Vitors village is a great place to avoid the usual hustle and bustle of resorts in the Algarve. Ferragudo is a quiet place. Vitors village is even quieter. Everyone seems to go to sleep at about 10pm. Sit on your balcony and drink your wine. Perfect!!
The grounds are spotlessly clean. The gardens are tendered everyday. The Pool area is just right. Plenty of sunbeds and safe pools for the kids.
The apartments are well equiped, but the beds are a bit hard. Aircon works great.
Wifi available. I paid 3 euros for an hour.
Nice touch is a library where people have left books they have finished reading. I left one and took one.
onsite restaurant is fine, but use the Farragood at the bottom of the hill, it is superb.
The mini market is very expensive. take a 15 min walk to E.Leclecrc or Lidl for cheap groceries. They are next to each other.
Free bus service to the beaches is great. If you want to go to Porto Mao, use a Taxi. It only costs about 4 euros each way. cheaper than the bus if there's two or more of you. Note. taxis can take a while to arrive, so book with reception in good time.
Explore the back streets of Ferragudo, you'll be amazed at what you see.
By the way. there is no local market in ferragudo, not in the sense we know it. Everyone directs you to the local covinience store when you ask for the market!
Overall you will not be dissapointed with vitors Village and Ferragudo. Unless you were expecting a boozy Brits, disco all night long holiday.
Peace and quiet is the order of the day. I loved the place. I usually never holiday in the same place twice, but I would go back to Vitors village and Ferragudo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fantastic Property with a stunning view of the Arade River and Ferragudo Village at 15 minutes walk from the beach. Traditional Portuguese and international cuisine. You can enjoy a drink at sunset and night entertainment at the terrace bar. A convenient mini-market is located on the premises. Modern interior and flat-screen TVs are featured in all accommodation. Each room has a balcony with views of the garden or the pool area. Just a few minutes from Portimão, Praia Grande and Praia da Rocha, Vitor's Village has free public parking nearby. It offers a free shuttle bus to the surrounding Atlantic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Vitor's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vitor`s Village Hotel Ferragudo
- Vitors Village Hotel
- Vitors Village Ferragudo
- Vitor's Village Resort Ferragudo, Portugal - Algarve