“Lovely Relaxing Restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Ferragudo
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: On the road entering Ferragudo from Portimao,Tasca David has been taken over by Dipti and her team. We serve delicious Home made Indian food in an intimate ca6ndle lit atmosphere. Drop in and Join us for a drink in the snug bar and/or have a meal with and enjoy a unique experience.
Ireland
“Lovely Relaxing Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Myself and Family from Co. Armagh Ireland, enjoyed a wonderful holiday in ferragudo late July. We heard about Tasca David's the night before our holiday was over, so decided we would have to try it.
We arrived, "15 of us" without a booking. David greeted us in a very friendly manner and took our order.
The food was beautiful adults and children all enjoyed every detail.
Dipti came out from the kitchen to see was everything ok, as she felt we may have had been waiting abit longer than usual with such a big group and of course at such short notice, " sorry about that will definitely book next time if the group is that big". She need not have worried, we never felt there was a wait and it gave us time to relax and enjoy the background music with a large glass of wine.
All in all, this place is a little gem and we will definitely be back hopefully as soon as possible. Well done.

• Finnish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
“amazing, fresh indian food; beautifully presented.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This woman can really cook! Every dish was authentic, fresh and delicious, even down to the bread, which was the best I've ever had.Even the poppadoms were crispy & dry, unlike some you get in other restaurants.
The starters are a must, especially the onion bhajis, but it was lovely to get a mixture all on one plate, with salad,& beautifully presented.
The main course menu is small, but that's a good thing, as you know that it's all prepared that day;and sometimes there's just too much choice in other restaurants. There's a specials board too,& all curries come with saffron rice & the gorgeous bread. I know for a fact that Dipti roasts & grinds all her spices too, as she showed me them!
Overall, David & Dipti are wonderful hosts and want everyone to enjoy their visit. The only downside was, in our experience, was that the service could've been slicker & more professional,as at times we felt as though they'd forgotten we were there!

“Exelent”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great staff great food awesome wines. Top for sure!!!! Best place to eat indian in algarve . In a lovely ferragudo vilage .

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food and lovely staff”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Exquisite! I spent 6 nights in the algarve and 3 of them in Dipti and Davids restaurant. I simply couldn't get enough of the place, what simply started off as a quest for some home comforts (an indian) ended at tasca davids and I'm glad it did. The food was everything i wanted and more, it in fact surpassed my local indian back home as not only does Diptis' food taste great but it was light something i thought id never come to expect from an indian. Its a great little place a couple of minutes walk from the square that left not only my taste buds happy but my wallet too at only 15 euros for the 4 course set menu!

Todmorden
“Great food and great staff”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

As soon as we walked into this restaurant the owners, Diptea and David, were welcoming and friendly. They talked is through the menu and had us salivating! The food was great and I've never had Tikka Masala like that (without the red dye).....wonderful. Diptea (hope I've spelt that right) also makes her own little puffed up bread rolls which are fabulous (sorry, she did tell me the name but I can't recall it). Very reasonable food and wine - see you next year.

Visited August 2014