“Wonderful dinner”

Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Ferragudo
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our first visit to this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The menu, for some maybe short, gave enough choice in my view. The service very good, food excellent. I chose the Indonesian Stew and my wife the lamb as a main course, both of which were very well cooked with great flavour. Our starters were just as good. A must to try and it offers something a little different to steak and chips.

There are newer reviews for O Canto

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We visited while de Oranje played the semifinal, so it was not busy. My filet was ordered rare, and it was! Maybe a few more seconds in the pan wouldn't hurt, but by all means it was delicious as the accompanying vegetables and the port sauce. My wife enjoyed the spare ribs - tender and fullflavoured. My my youngest son tried the scampi with a sweet/sour sauce, and he gave them an absolute thumbs up. All in all a very good meal in pleasant surroundings and with good service. But also twice the price of the other restaurants in the area with less quality.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Superb Dutch run restaurant. The menu choice is not huge, which is good as sometimes too much choice deflects from quality. We had 200g steak.......it was absolutely gorgeous. The owner is delightful and took time to explain the menu choice. We had a quiet, slow dining experience for the 4 of us. Wonderful evening, wonderful food!

1  Thank TJl36
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

On a special Níght This Is the place to go in Ferragudo , from The main square just walk along towards the market , welcomming and relaxing atmosphere, presentation if dishes and menu special. A Níght to remmenber and we always tell our guests to book avoiding dissappointment.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My girlfriend and I loved this restaurant. The menu is limited but everything looked delicious on it. O Canto, alongside Fimdu Monde, is miles ahead of all other restaurants in Ferragudo for fine dining. The starter cover was very tasty and substantial. The house wine was very nice and our mains were fantastic. I had the Pork Tenderloin and my girlfriend had the vegetarian stuffed mushroom. We also had desserts and when the bill came we were delighted to see what good value it was. I can't rate O Canto highly enough. Top Marks.