“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Double T Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eston
Double T Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eston
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

The staff was very kind and greeted me well. The rooms were clean and tidy. All my requests were well taken. The price that the Indian proprietor is charging is reasonable given the effort that goes into managing this motel situated at a remote location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank samY2211WA

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed one night. The room was dirty, smelled of smoke, the soap dispensers were empty and there was no bar soap in the room, the sink wouldn't drain, the sheets were dirty and paper thin, the bed and pillows were hard as rocks and the free morning coffee tasted like hot water .. otherwise the room was great and for only $92 /night .. stay in Kindersley!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DWBCalgary
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Travelling as a family of 5 we were offered the "2 bedroom suite" in the lowest level of the hotel, (we were not offered any other options to accomodate our family). It was HORRIFIC. After reading another review (when we returned home) we can see that the "suite" has not been cleaned since their visit in Jan 2012. Not only were there spider webs in every corner and hanging on the walls, there were dead bugs all over, we killed numerous as well, there were live spiders (one the size of a quarter), and a beetle joined us in bed. There was an accumulation of dust on every surface - baseboards, counters, table, etc.)You get a foot wash while washing your hands as the bathroom sink leaks (it has for some time as there is mold on the walls and a 2x4 replacing the rotted baseboard). The tub surround is held up with drywall screws but looks like it will fall in soon anyway. All of the ceiling tile is stained and in a state of disarray. The carpet has not seen a vacuum for many a moon, there was stuff under each of the beds (except the double in the sitting area because it is only a double box spring with a mattress thrown on top). We wouldn't allow the children to walk on the floors without their shoes on. The windows are not to code and do not meet egress (they are so high on the wall and so small that an adult would only be able to get out with help from the outside). The kitchen cabinet door is held closed by sticky tack. The television didn't work. There is no air conditioning or fan. And on and on and on. When we spoke to the manager, he informed us that some people have different expectations than others and that he has regular clients who request that suite and are happy with it. We won't ever be regular clients even if we have to drive through the night to get where we're going.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank blg012
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed for one night in the "2 bedroom suite" which was in the basement. This rooms hasnt been cleaned for many years, never mind upgraded! The baseboards had many dead beetles close by and my co-worker found a live one in his bed. Tub surround mounted with drywall screws and dirty. The pics tell it all. The staff was very friendly which is about the only positive thing i experienced. Im sure they will do fine as upgrades continue, but until then at least clean the rooms for your guests.

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded rooms and ask if they are CLEAN!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank j9f
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

First time stayed in Double T for a week felt good then what i was expecting after reading first comment on trip advisor new owners have changed a lot in the property as staff was telling. I found it clean and refreshing staying there.Staff took care of me on each and every request.The price they are charging is giving value back according to me.Free internet service worked well too.I will stay in this property again if i need accommodation in this area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank kambo k
Nelson, BC Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

My husband and I travelled to Eston for a weddding and the only reason we stayed at the Double T was because the wedding was in Eston and we had no other choice. However, if I knew what our stay would be like I would have re-considered going at all.

The hotel is old and in dire need of upgrades and improvements. The rooms were small but reasonable. However, the beds were extremely uncomfortable. I felt like I had been ran over by a semi the next morning. The rooms are incredibly unclean and the shower was the worst. I took a shower one night and the shower curtain had black film on it that you could scrape off with your fingers, it was absolutely disgusting! I refused to shower the second day and waited to get home to do so. The water pressure was non-existent and if you have hair you will be standing in the shower for hours to try and wash the shampoo out. I refused to walk on the floor barefoot. The room also had thin walls so you could hear everything. I did not get any sleep at all. When we got home both my husband and I noticed red spots on our body and we are positive that it is either bed bug bites or flea bites. Yuck!!!

I will never stay there again and would rather drive to Kindersley (a nearby town) and stay at the Super 8 or the Best Western than at the Double T. If you have to stay there bring your own sheets and blankets, towels and slippers.

One of the worst experiences ever!!!!!!!

8 Thank love_to_travel1982

Been to Double T Motor Inn? Share your experiences!