“Outstanding experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Newburg Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hamburg
“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed at this motel for one week . It's a family operated motel, it's wonderful location , they take care of ur all conveniences . I had a camp fire at night time with friends , it was amazing ,,,,,,, I will come back for sure next year ,,,,,, and recommend every one to just give it a try u will love it .

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank Sukhjeetdhliwal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Owen Sound, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

I was desperate and never again , I arrived late Monday around 11, got key came to room, and not bad at first glance, you think.....then u flick on lights, go to bathroom to find cob webs spiders, hair in sink, in shower, the radiator was covered with dirt,must hair, then,move to microwave and just do yourself a favour don't open...or use the mugs, ring still there from last guy. And don't ask for towels they say they are out broken dryer .ya stay clear of here, it on hyway 7&8 by newhamburg. The language barrier had a lot to do with it the lady kept saying she didn't understand what I was talking about, they have clean lady come....I said ya it was me but how about you clean the room befornthenclean people come and get bugs and take them home.

Room Tip: Go to different hotel
Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Heather G
St. Jacobs, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

guys great stay here owners r so helpful rooms r really clean and big size. i find some time peoples just to try to refund money write bad comments thank god didnt belive them and try my self.location is so perfect from hwy huge space in front of motel for walk and good place to bbq too

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank guru k
Oshawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I cannot believe somebody can actually keep this place open. We booked a couple of rooms because we were heading to a wedding out there. We were all shocked when we got there and opened the doors! It even got worse when we opened the curtains. We could not believe the amount of bugs, dirt, and what appeared to be blood on the walls. We pulled back the sheets and there was fifty million pubic hairs and make-up smeared on the sheets and pillowcases. The bathrooms were a absolute mess with bugs, toilets were disgusting, shower was full of old soap and hairs. The microwave they have in the rooms was full of exploded cheese and old food, and no telephone. Each room was worse then the next (which i dont even know how its possible to get worse). The man that works at the front desk doesnt speak one word of english, so when we asked for a cleaner he just dialed the number to his wife or daughter so we could speak. I cannot believe she actually tried to tell us that the room had actually be cleaned! We obviously asked for our money back and did not stay there, I also would not let even my dog stay there. Upon talikng to other people we have heard they have a huge bed bug problem. Im not a picky person, but that place was disgusting!! we went and stayed at the holiday inn for the extra couple of bucks (bug and rash free!) The health board really needs to be called on this place!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Julie W
Guelph, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

We didn't expect much considering this place is cheap and doesn't look all that nice. But we were going to a wedding close by and there weren't any better options so we gave it a shot. We got there and checked in. At which point they demand payment or you won't get a key. There is also a large sign behind the desk that says "No refunds after check-in." Two pretty big signs that probably should have set off some warnings for me.... But, we paid and went to our room. We dropped off our bags and left for the wedding. We returned late at night and went straight to bed. Upon waking up in the morning we discover there are ants in both beds, bedbugs in both beds, and one of the beds actually had sand under the mattress. It looked like they had a hole in the floor and used sand to fill it in (my best guess...). The bathroom (unused until then) was distgusting, and I mean distusting. We actually went to the local Tim Hortons to use their bathroom and didn't shower. Also, the back door didn't lock and it had appeared that someone had come into our room and either went through our things!!! At checkout, we told them that the room was terrible and had we noticed earlier we wouldn't have stayed the night. I asked for a partial refund (considering we did stay the night) at which point they became beligerent and downright rude. They kept yelling in a foreign language and pointing at the sign. I eventually decided to go to the car and call the police. They advised that they had so many complaints that they had actually complained to the health inspector who had come and was in the process of fining the Motel for their infractions. But, as they had been down this road in the past, they would not pursue anything on our behalf. I went back inside at which point the representative (seemed like a family where only the daughter could speak english, so we dealt with her) told us to get out or they would call the police for tresspassing!!! All I can say is that you definitely don't want to be dealing with them!! Do yourself a favour and pay for a cab to Kitchener/Waterloo.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour, don't stay here!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank DontCare11111
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

This was our 3rd stay in 6 years. We stay on the way back from Port Dover every 2nd year.It's a family operated Motel, the owerner are friendly and bent over backward to accomodate us.
Yes the rooms are outdated but outdated doesn't mean dirty. The beds and bathroom were clean. There is a fridge, microwave and coffee maker, that's all we need!
If your surroundings are important to you then make the drive and spend the big bucks to stay in Kitchener.
If you just want a clean, inexpensive place to lay your head, stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank sunshine4jo66
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I am thinking all the "good" reviews are from owners friends or relatives because this place is an absolute DUMP!!!! So disgusting! Stained red 60's carpet I would not dare walk on in sock feet, the bathroom not only was covered in mold, there were PUBIC hair in the bathtub and on the toilet!!! Th e smell of septic/sewer was nauseting, the white lamp shade was black from dust and dirt!!! Coveniently, the sign behind the desk indicates no refunds after check in because ANY sane person would demand their money back because this place is replusive!!!!! I would not even pull tHe comforter off the bed in fear of what I may find . I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Board of health should condem this hell hole!!!!!!! We didn't end up staying in the room, we ate the 80$ and drove back home for an hour and a half so we didn't have to stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in New Hamburg
Embassy Motel
Embassy Motel
#8 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Newburg Inn? Share your experiences!