“Nice Getaway From The Noise of Los Cabos...”

Cabo Pulmo Marine Preserve
and up
Cabo Pulmo National Park Snorkeling Tour
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Cabo Pulmo
More attraction details
Owner description: A sanctuary to the only living coral reef on the western side of the continent.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice location off the grid. Took the family twice, but it's better suited for a guys trip or individuals that don't mind roughing it a bit. The dirt road leading into the village is a little rough. Accommodations are more natural than five star, but I enjoyed it.

Cheap overnight rates and the folks at Baja Beach Bungalows go the distance to take care of you.

Food options are sparse, but decent and cheap. Went fishing out here, but have had better luck out of the Cabo Marina. The beach is beautiful and nice to relax on.

Overall definitely a worthwhile experience to decompress and recharge.

There are newer reviews for Cabo Pulmo Marine Preserve

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I did a last minute snorkel trip to Cabo Pulmo, a couple of hours away from San Jose Del Cabo. We went to four different spots: swam among hundreds & hundreds of jacks and, because they were not being fished, they didn't swim away from me. I swam close to the juvenile male sea lions, just like the ones we have at home in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. They dove in to the water and just curiously looked at us underwater. We didn't see any turtles and the whales have already gone north. I plan to stay here for a couple of days since a day trip isn't long enough. I think I'll try coming in February next time. We got on a boat to get to the snorkel spots, we were told that the number of people visiting this Marine Preserve is controlled, thank goodness. There were not many people here. I recommend exploring this part of Cabo.

2  Thank Flaneuretta
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If my review is helpful to you, please rate it as such. Many of us serious members of tripadvisor spend a lot of time writing reviews in hopes that we can assist you in having and enjoying the best vacation that you can !
The beaches around Cabo are nice and you can see some nice fish there, but if you really want to swim some good reefs then take the tour to Cabo Pulma Maine Preserve. We looked at local tours from our beach that were around the same price but chose the best. It was about the same price, It was about a 2 hour van ride but it went fast. Then we got to the resort where we were sized up for wet suits and then assigned to a boat with about 6 - 8 people in it. Great boats, great captain and great guide! you get what you pay for.
The weather was a bit rough so the sea was not as clear as it could have been, we hit about 4 different reefs, saw and swam with an incredible huge school of jack fish, swam with the sea lions and saw hump back whales. What can I say, we have dove the great barrier reef in Australia but still found this a good adventure that I highly recommend over a snorkel for the same price at a local beach and reef around Cabo ! as you can see from some of the pictures, sorry they were not more clean, stormy day upsets the water and a new Lumix underwater camera which if you travel and snorkel I would recommend. Not only good underwater but great above water as well. We saw all kinds or coral and tropical fish. I think we were out about 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
After the dive, our tour included a lunch. I had the beef taco's my wife had the fish and they were great ! the fries were great as well as was the cold coke that came with and the cold beer we bought after.
I would highly recommend this tour especially in whale season as then you get the whale tour for free! we were at the end of the season but saw lots of whales, not all boats out were as lucky as us.

25  Thank PandGP
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is one of the last remaining unspoiled spots in coastal Mexico. The beaches are deserted and a feast for the eyes. Blue-green crystal waters combined with miles of sand and stunning desert rocks and topography are just the surface. The fish are plentiful, healthy, and unafraid. Coral seems to be thriving and growing steadily and slowly on the massive rocks and boulders in the Park. Aquarium-like snorkeling at Los Arbolitos; deeper terrain (4-15') at Los Frailes. The sea lions are wild and curious, and we heard whales singing while we were snorkeling. It was not unusual to see whales, jumping mobula rays, sea lions, hundreds of fish, turkey vultures, pelicans, and road runners all in a day. This is a magical place that is threatened by development to the north, which will threaten the health of the Park and break my heart. Go soon, leave no trace, and be thankful there are still places like this is Mexico.

6  Thank VermontLily
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We snorkeled the Cabo Pulmo Reef from Playa Arbolito, the only location that does not require a boat to access. The marine life was remarkable! We saw two sea turtles and schools of fish! The reef was not quite as colorful as I would have expected, but perhaps it was due to the time of year or the slightly higher latitude. Still, it was unforgettable. I can't wait to see other sections of the reef where you're supposed to be able to swim with sharks, see other fish, sea fans and sea cucumbers. A must-do for anyone visiting Cabo Pulmo!

2  Thank Cate B