“Wonderful country-style resort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cabo Pulmo
Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cabo Pulmo
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful country-style resort”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The C-P Beach Resort is a fantastic opportunity to slow down and enjoy the Sea of Cortez. I stayed in a villa and a friend stayed in an eco-bungalo. Both were excellent facilities, scaled for different numbers of guests. Even the eco-bungalo had a fully equipped kitchen. Be aware that food for preparation must be purchased prior to arrival in Cabo Pulmo as there are no significant markets at the locale. The resort is right on the shore and has wonderful sea breezes and sunrises. The resort's streets and walkways are not lighted so take flashlights if you intend to go out after dark. The resort and its associated restaurant and dive center are the only organizations to take credit cards. The two other nearby restaruants do not take credit cards nor does the van service between the airport and the resort ( a 90 minute drive ). Either peos or dollars are accepted. The resort staff are friendly and the restaurant food ( lunch and dinner ) good. Bottled water is available for purchase at the restaurant. The dive center is covered under a separate review. Be aware that there are multiple dive centers at the Cabo Pulmo location not to be confused with the C-P Resort and Dive Center.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fred B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I got a room here for one night only and it was a walk-in checkin. So I think I got a good deal. I stayed at a place with two beds, kitchen and bed, very close to the beach. The pluses for this resort are friendly staff, location and the quietness of the whole place. You go to sleep listening to crushing waves. But keep in mind that you are also in a remote place in the middle of the nature. I saw two giant cockroaches in my room and a few spiders. Otherwise, room is clean and nice.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank eerdem
Penn Valley, California
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We came to Cabo Pulmo from CSL for the day to dive. We rented gear, and made 2 dives. Our dive guide was friendly and professional. Visibility was great (60-70 ft.), and the sea life was abundant. The best part were the fish tacos after diving-they were hands down the best I've ever had. We thought about going back for a second day of diving, but it's a long drive from CSL (about 2 hours).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I am very sad that I can not give this place a higher rating despite the beautiful snorkeling sites we visited today. We booked a Pulmo Snorkeling Trip via CaboSanLucas Tours. We originally booked this trip to be done on the weekend but do to wind speeds we had to reschedule 3 days later. We were picked up at our Cabo San Lucas hotel and it took 2 hours to get to this resort.

Now this is the part that my husband and I started to get annoyed. Once we got there we filled out paper work and got our gear which was fine, but after we were all ready to go and our group was all done we just sat down waiting for at least 40 min just for the group which was not snorkeling and not part of our group to finish getting ready (suba diving group) and they didn't even tell us what we were waiting for. We just sat down staring not knowing what was going on.

After we got a brief description of what our snorkeling plan was going to be we were headed to the beach, The captain of the boat (which I might add is a very small fishing boat) was very friendly and informative but unfortunately he could not speak English at all. That would have been a big problem for our group but at least my husband could speak Spanglish and understood and translated a bit.for us. I don't know if it was just the weather but the ride was very bumpy due to choppy waves and if you easily get sea sickness I would highly not recommended this tour. So in this small fishing boat there was 7 of us and the Captain in this crazy windy bumpy ride into the open ocean and stops and tells us to go jump right in (no ladder). I've been snorkeling before and usually we were stepped off into the ocean, so I was a bit afraid just jumping like that. The view of the fishes were breath taking and was so beautiful but it was very windy and the waves were pushing us and it was causing a bit of motion sickness. After we were done in this first area, we were told to climb back on the boat via small ladder and it was hard me ( I am out of shape) to climb back in. So if anyone is thinking about doing this tour and has issues with upper body strength, it might be difficult. Just to mention a few of us got stung by jelly fishes, but I didn't think it was a big deal. Snorkeling with the seal lions were a lot of fun as well.

After we were done snorkeling we ate lunch at the resort and had the crew members eating right next us and one of them, I guess since my husband and I are not Hispanic he assumed that we do not understand Spanish and decided to talk crap about everbody. Saying things as "F'em all or F their momsl" and etc. Which I thought was not professional at all. After we were all done eating again we waited for about 45min. and no one came up to us to explain what is going on or how much longer we have to wait. After thinking they forgot about us and to take us back to our hotels we asked what is going on and was told we have to wait for someone that was in the previous mentioned suba diving group. I don't understand why they are booking different tours together because they are not at the same time and we had to probably wait over an hour and half altogether, plus the 4 hour drive to and from our hotel when the tour time was suppose to be 8 hours.

I liked the spots they took us to go snorkeling but really did not enjoy the way this tour was handled. I think for the amount of money we are shelling out we should be getting at least normal service. I recommended snorkeling at Pulmo Beach but not with this company.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CGP4
Manitou Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

9 days at the Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort! This was our 7th trip to this location. We rented an eco-bungalow. Our favorites are #7, 8, and 18. Wonderfully equipped kitchens. We always bring a coffee press...much easier. Very comfortable beds. Upstairs Palapa for ocean viewing or just relaxing in the cool breeze. Walk to everything. Beach 2 minutes away. Great deep sea fishing! Resturant on beach will cook your catch. Scenic mountain bike trails with super bikes to rent. Great snorkeling and diving. If you are going to cook or eat some meals in I suggest buying food and beverages at Soriana's Super Market just south of the SJD airport or in La Ribera (last town before Cabo Pulmo). Everything is very reasonably priced...even cheap! Oh, and did I mention that WiFi is available for $5/day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael Y
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Cabo Pulmo Beach resort for a week.
The diving was great, the staff very eager to please.
The bugalow nice and clean. With a full kitchen. Good food at the resturant, cheap.
No maids to bother you, no pushy venders and peders on the beach.
Perfect if you want seclusion.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Themovertrucker
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 October 2013

On an extended trip around southern Baja we ended up doing a couple nights at Cabo Pulmo and stayed in the Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort. After having dinner in the restaurant the evening of our arrival the we ended up making friends with the owners and they invited us out on their boat the next day to go snorkeling. At was an incredible experience for both me and my daughters. The Playa de las Sirenas south of town is incredible. We also got to swim with a colony of sea lions and do some snorkeling at the reef which was amazing.

On top of that, our cabana was really nice and comfortable, the food and atmosphere in the restaurant was a lot of fun and the beach in town is really cool and great for walking (on the south side) and the shallow reef straight out front is pretty awesome too. My girls (age 4 and 5) thought we were swimming with Dory and Nemo. The only negative was my wife could not make it which means that we will absolutely be back so she can experience it as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 1 in Boca de la Vinorama
Cabanas Vista la Ribera
Cabanas Vista la Ribera
#1 of 1 in La Ribera

Been to Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!