“Awakened By The Sunrise”
VILLA DEL MAR's ocean-beach views to south
Sun Bathing at Cabo Pulmo
Sailfish caught at Cabo Pulmo
Scuba Diving at Cabo Pulmo
Kite Flying at Cabo Pulmo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
PatriciaJ...
Overland Park, Kansas
“Awakened By The Sunrise”
Reviewed 13 August 2012 for a stay in January 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband and I spent the second half of our winter vacation at Baja Paradise. We stayed in Casa Del Mar since it was only the two of us. We had our own beautiful patio area with a grill, chairs and table, and lounge chairs. While we dined, we watched pelicans skim the surf, as we sat at a table on the long porch which is part of the Casa.
I was awakened the first morning in Cabo Pulmo by a bright, unrelenting light. We had left the windows open and the curtains drawn because it was perfect snuggle-up, sleeping weather. Once I had opened my eyes all the way, I realized that I was looking at the sunrise! My husband woke up and immediately started taking pictures. Every time I look at them I can almost feel the breeze.
Cabo Pulmo is one of my favorite places to be in the world. We loved the sound of the ocean at night, and the almost absolute darkness that allowed us to see the stars.
Baja Paradise makes the best use of their solar power. Electricity is available when you need it, but this is not a place for electronic gadgets. This is a place where one can take a deep breath, and release the stress of day to day life.
Baja Paradise provides every comfort, toy, and utensil you would ever need. Betsy provided a list of places where we could get groceries on our way to Cabo Pulmo, so we made some of our meals. The rest of the time we walked to one of the restraunts down the road.
Cabo Pulmo has its own water tower, and Baja Paradise filters their water. This means that you have water pressure for a shower (great benefit for long hair), and you can drink the water from the tap.
This is a small town with good, interesting people. I walked back to our room at night, by myself sometimes, without a worry. We left the doors unlocked most of the time, which is something I can't do at home.
By the time most of our vacations end, I am usually ready to go home to be in familiar surroundings. At the end of our stay at Casa Del Mar, I did not want to leave!
We will continue to travel to new places, because there is so much to see in this big world, but I don't know if anything can top our stay at Baja Paradise.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet of the small town.
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
John K
Scituate, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful vacation at Baja Paradise in Cabo Pulmo, Mexico”
Reviewed 14 June 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

We had a wonderful trip to Cabo Pulmo where we stayed at BAJA PARADISE. Both the Villa Del Mar and Casa Del Mar were perfect for our needs and exceeded our already high expectations.

The location along the beach was perfect, the house was outfitted with an abundance of supplies for water sports and amenities for the house, the house was neat, and decorated well. The staff kept the house very neat.

There were plenty of supplies and it had a decent Internet connection. The master bedroom in Villa Del Mar was especially nice. The roof desk was perfect for watching the sky at night where we saw a handful of planets, a few satellites, and a million stars.

Betsy also provided useful travel info beforehand and was easy to work with remotely.

My son said it best within 5 minutes of arriving - "This place is awesome!". We all felt the same way when we left a week later.

We look forward to our next trip!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Perfect location, house was in great condition with every amenity you need.
Liked least: There wasn't as much sand as we expected in front of the villa.
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Families with young children
Jack_L_32...
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful, quiet, and very easy.”
Reviewed 12 June 2012 for a stay in December 2010
person found this review helpful

I have stayed at this property three times and each time it was great. The first time I went with two buddies and we stayed in El Nido. The second time it was their little Casa and it was just me and my wife. The third time it was back at El Nido with our baby. Each time was fantastic. The onsite staff is really nice and helpful. Everything is super-clean and EXACTLY as advertised. One of the best things about this rental is that they have all the beach toys, snorkels, etc. you could want and that is great. But it's really the location that's great. This place is hard to get to - you have to rent a car and then drive 1.5 hours from the airport, 20 min. of which is over a dirt road. You also pretty much have to bring in all your food. BUT, once you are there it is just paradise. Totally worth it. The lodging is really nice and we never had any problems whatsoever, except that the wifi never worked the last time we were there. But there is a local restaurant that had it and we could log on and check our email once a day and that was fine. The owner is totally accessible and completely straightforward and has always been a huge pleasure to deal with.

BTW I've also sent friends there who also loved it.

One warning: there's not much to do there with small children. But once they're old enough to swim in the ocean (it's *very* calm at Cabo Pulmo), go on a boat, etc., they'll have a blast.

One last thing: the pictures don't lie - that is exactly what it's like!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was just as advertised. Location was amazing.
Liked least: Fairly remote location.
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Robert K
Sun Valley, Idaho
“fabulous place”
Reviewed 10 June 2012 for a stay in February 2011
person found this review helpful

for the ultimate family vacation, perfect in every way

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Liz S
Scottsdale, Arizona
“BAJA PARADISE provided the best beach vacation we've ever had!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

We stayed in VILLA DEL MAR and CASA DEL MAR with our three-generation family. This property offers location, location, location and is right at the beach, right on the sand and it is better than "as advertised" . You could tell that the owners have paid attention to every detail as there are great furnishings, superbly equipped kitchens, internet, tv, stereo, book/music/video libraries, games...the works. There's free wi-fi and satellite tv, although we hardly turned on tv because the ocean views were so superb. The on-site staff was incredible and never once did I have to make my bed or sweep the floor! We had a wonderful time in Cabo Pulmo swimming, snorkeling, kayaking with the beach toys provided free of charge with the rental. We went deep sea fishing and caught huge dorado with our captain Paco. We went scuba diving with Cabo Pulmo Dive Center and saw more sea life than I have every seen before. In every way this was the perfect lodging, the perfect location, the perfect vacation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location at the beach; great amenities; huge selection of beach and ocean toys
Liked least: That we had to go home!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing