“Three nights in”
Review of Baja Bungalows

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cabo Pulmo
Baja Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cabo Pulmo
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Baja Bungalows is a wonderful get-away from the hustle of everyday life. Our place was huge with a large balcony overlooking the ocean and desert. It was very clean and well maintained with the basics...no microwave, TV, or toaster due to limited electrical access down there. We did use the ipod speaker setup to listen to music, and there is wifi. The owner Kent, even had Xmas lights up!
Baja Bungalows is walking distance to everything, but you definitely need a car or truck to get there...the dirt road in is rough and takes 20 minutes. We met some other really wonderful people who were staying there. Kent, the owner invited me and my boyfriend to join him and his friends for dinner at Titos our last night. What a lovely place in the middle of nowhere!

Room Tip: We were on the second level of the the house in the back, which had a spectacular view. I saw a bea...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baja Bungalows

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Baja Bungalows for three nights. What a place! It's such a beautiful, calm, and friendly environment. The owner, Kent, is incredibly friendly and generous. He lets guests borrow snorkeling equipment, is always happy to offer advice and answer questions, and is a really sweet guy. The entire community of neighbors is very friendly, and we felt so at ease and relaxed during out stay there. We definitely recommend it highly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ussishki
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I made a reservation at Baja Bungalows and in my email I said that I should arrive around 9 pm. I was about an hour late

because I was photographing some wildlife. I missed the turnoff as well and had to backtrack so I arrived around 10 pm. I

also tried to call when I realized I was going to be late but couldn't get through. When I arrived there was no one to be

found. I tried knocking on the office door with no luck, not even a note about where my bungalow was. I tried to find my

bungalow with the aid of a flashlight. After quite a bit of searching I found a vacant one and since the door was unlocked

I decided to take it. I spent the night there and everything was fine. In the morning I talked with the caretaker who

said I must have just missed him the previous night and that the room I chose was the one that was reserved for me. After

I paid him he said it was OK to leave some food in the fridge while I explored the area.
I had a great day of photography highlighted by snorkeling with beautiful fish and sea lions! When I returned I

couldn't find my food and the owner (Kent) said that my food was in the office. He then gave me the third degree by saying

that it wasn't OK that I arrived when I did and that I scared some of the guests the night before when I was looking for my

bungalow. There was absolutely nothing in my correspondence with him or on the website that said one shouldn't arrive

late. He said that this is not a hotel where one can wander in anytime. Maybe he should make that clear to prospective

visitors before he jumps on them without any warning. I didn't challenge him at the time because I wanted to look at the

website and our correspondence again for any sign of a warning. Again my suspicions were confirmed. No warning about this

at all. It was Kent's fault if I inadvertently scared some of the guests. He needs to make it clear on the website at a

minimum that they don't accept guest after a certain hour. If I had known this I would have been more careful to arrive on time or made other arrangements if I was running late. After a long hot day exploring it was also disappointing to find

my water and drinks out of the fridge and warm.
My interaction with Kent left a bad taste in my mouth that lingered for days after an otherwise great day. If this

rude behavior hadn't occurred everything would have been fine. The bungalow was comfortable, staff accommodating (except

Kent) and it was a beautiful setting. It was also relatively inexpensive. Earlier that day I looked at a new place that

was connected to the Eco Adventures dive shop I went snorkeling with that had much nicer rooms for less money than Baja Bungalows. I

think the arrogance of some business owners that think they can relieve their frustrations on their customers and get away

with it demonstrates a very low PRQ (public relations quotient) and can only hurt their business. I'm not sure if I am

going to return to Cabo Pulmo in the near future but if I do I will avoid Baja Bungalows.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank jrneum
Reviewed 27 November 2013

But Cabo Pulmo may not for everybody. This was our second trip to Cabo Pulmo and the second time we stayed at Baja Bungalows (BB). This time we brought friends who wanted to share this wonderful experience with us. We used the entire main house and the Palapa Suite for the 6 of us. Great value, wonderful beds, clean and comfortable rooms. Sunrise from the upper floor of the main house is spectacular! As a group we especially enjoyed the multitude of places to enjoy each others company as well as the company of some of the other very interesting guests.

As other reviews have noted this is a no hair dryer/TV/phone and only limited internet sort of place. It connects you with life before electronic gadgets took over. It is in the desert so there are critters, of which, in my two weeks at BB I had to search for because Kent keeps the grounds so well maintained. BB is on the edge of a very small town and interfaces with a very large desert so the review about mice is to be expected. The couple who stayed in the suite mentioned did have a couple of traps go off in the night but were not phased by it in the least. If you want fancy and perfect go to Cabo San Lucas, Cabo Pulmo is for the more adventurous spirit who like to really leave things behind once in a while and open themselves up to whatever may happen their way.

Thank you again to Kent for being such a wonderful host and having the energy and foresight to build this beautiful compound.

Room Tip: Wake up early to a wonderful sunrise and have great views all day with the upper floor units. Downst...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marcia S
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We came across this gem on a whistle stop diving trip to Cabo Pulmo.Kent, the lovely man who owns this place showed us a wonderful 2 bedrooms lower floor of a 2 story house.

It was like stepping back in time. No phone, no TV ( but boxed sets of Soprano videos!) It was beautiful. Solar power only, so it makes think about the power we waste on day to day life. I had the best nights sleep I have had for years and years.
Don't misunderstand me, we're not talking basic here. The kitchen was better equipped than mine at home. The beds are so comfortable, it's like sleeping on a cloud.
I plan to go back for longer in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

After researching places to stay in Cabo Pulmo for a dive trip, we thought we'd found the perfect location. Long story short...we had mice in our bungalow every night. I was awakened as one crawled over me in bed--and others came out of the thatched roof on the other nights. The proprietor set traps and assured us that he'd monitor the situation. We heard traps springing every night and still had to deal with the ones that got away. The final straw was a rat which was too big to crawl back up into the thatched roof after he sprung one of the traps and ran all over the place as we tried to shoo him out the door with a broom.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sjbliv
VBAJA, Director General at Baja Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

I can not help... not give a comment... that season was terrible for Pulmo and surrounding communities... It was a plague that affected all... knowing that was an outside problem might help me understand that we didn't do anything wrong... to get to this problem of mice.
We are so sorry.. you had to leave with that picture of us.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I love to snorkel and swim in warm water, and we needed a low stress intimate getaway. We found what we were looking for at Baja Bungalows in Cabo Pulmo.

The accommodations are rustic - in a good way. Kent, the owner, lives on site so he was readily available to respond to our questions or requests, offer activity suggestions, provide beach and snorkel gear, and then leave us to enjoy our privacy. The accommodations are thoughtfully designed, kitchens are well-equipped, bathrooms work perfectly, and tap water comes from a well and is safe to drink!

The snorkeling at Los Frailes was terrific. We came home happy, healthy and will definitely return to Baja Bungalows.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Boca de la Vinorama
Villa del Faro
Villa del Faro
#1 of 1 in Los Frailes

Been to Baja Bungalows? Share your experiences!