“Amazing Pico.....Joes Place little bit of heaven!”
Review of Joe's Place B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madalena
Joe's Place B&B
Ranked #3 of 8 Madalena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hermance and Paulo were the most amazing hosts, we were made to feel so welcome! Our stay at Joes Place made our time on Pico memorable!
The breakfast was AMAZING! Hermance surprised us each morning with something special, her homemade breads, pastries, yoghurt were fantastic! Eating breakfast on the terrace, taking in the view was a great start to the day.
Our room was very comfortable and clean with excellent WIFi.
Joes Place is situated a short walk into Madelena, so great for restuarants and car hire etc.
Hermance and Paulo helped with guiding us around the island and with our climb of Pico. We loved the Azores but our stay on Pico was a highlight for us, much because of our stay at Joes Place. Thank you again Hermance and Paulo! John and Christine Australia

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hensels12
Hermance D, Propriétaire at Joe's Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello John and Christine,

Thank you very much for your review. We were very happy to meet you and that you chose Joe's Place for your stay on Pico.
You will stay for ever our firsts guests who have sticked the first piece of mosaic on our walk !
Hope to see you again.
Thanks
Best Regards

Hermance and Paulo

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very friendly ans helpful host, clean rooms AND the best breakfast you have ever seen and tasted. Fresh juices, waffles, cheese from Pico,eggs, fresh joghurt, fresh jams. As if you are tired, you can enjoy the view on faial from the terras. Good place to start you Picoclimb!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hermance D, Owner at Joe's Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello, Thank you for your review and we hope to see you a next time. Thanks. Best Regards. Hermance and Paulo

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Paulo and Hermance are the most welcoming and hospitable people you will EVER meet. The breakfast spread was impressive and it was all homemade, including the bread, croissants, cakes, jams, and yogurt. Perfect location a few minutes from the center of Madalena. Look no further!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Agua C
Hermance D, Propriétaire at Joe's Place B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello. Thank you for your kindness. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Joe's Place. We hope to see you next time. Best Regards. Hermance and Paulo

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Rob and Ria, the Belgian owners of Joe's Place, do everything they can to make you feel at home. They give lots of tips about activities and restaurants and Rob even took us with his car to the start of a walk. The guesthouse is located a pleasant 10 minute walk from the harbour. And because it is a little way up the view from the communal terrace is fantastic. Overlooking the town and the sea towards the island of Faial. Great for watching the sun set. Rooms are spacious and breakfast is plentiful. Very recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very recently I stayed for a few days at Joe's place. I'm a single man and don't have a large holiday budget. For that reason I chose for the smallest room available "little joe" and I was given a super nice view on the ocean with that.
Joe's place is not a "classy" B&B, but everything you need for a nice holiday is present: a good shower after an exciting day, a good bed, a very tasty breakfast, air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, friendly owners who give you a lot of information about the island and above all, the location is really good, on foot you can go very easily to the centre where there are several restaurants and terraces. For visiting the other islands is Joe's Place also located nicely: a few hundreds of meters from the harbour. There are whale-watcher companies and car hire companies located in Madalena.
During breakfast you sit at a big table so you can easily make contact with other guests. For me, this was ideal. Upstairs there is also a nice lounge with a small terrace which is very pleasant in the evening with a glass of wine.
For me this was the nicest B&B during my tour across Sao Miguel, Faial, Horta and Pico.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was the first of the season, the house had only been opened up the week before. Rob was kind enough to pick me up at the airport [and take me back when it was time to go] and gave me a mini-tour on the way back.

I have simple needs when I go traveling and this exceeded those needs. The bedroom was perfect for me, fairly compact, but large enough for one or two people, there was was an adjacent lounge for residents to sit and read/talk/ use the computer with an outside door and a view over to Faial and Madalena itself. It allowed you to come and go without disturbing anyone. bathroom is shared, not a problem in my view, others may disagree.

Breakfast was enough to keep anyone going for a whole day and enough variation within what was on the table not to become repetitive. Rob likes coffee ;) so there was a lot to chose from, if you wanted tea or coffee later in the day Rob and Ria were happy to give you the run of the kitchen.

As hosts Rob and Ria do their upmost to make you feel at home, even so far as running me down into town on a couple of occasions [I had torn a muscle in my calf and walking any distance was beyond me at the time]

I guess the best recommendation is if one would go back and stay there again. Yes I most certainly would. 5 stars

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I like the place very much. You really can feel like in your own home. Additionally you will get known everything about the history of the place, things you can do on Pico and the weather for next days. What you can get for your money except the bed is very friendly owner, tasty breakfast and WiFi. The place is 7 minutes walking from the city center and 12 euro taxi from the airport :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madalena
Aldeia da Fonte Nature Resort
#1 of 8 in Madalena
Villa da Madalena
Villa da Madalena
#2 of 8 in Madalena

Been to Joe's Place B&B? Share your experiences!