“Very good”
Review of Marazion Hotel

Marazion Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marazion
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Hotel staff very friendly, rooms lovely and clean. We had a fab view over st michaels mount.The food in the restaurant was very good and breakfast was excellent. Would defiantly stay here again. :-). It was a special birthday and truly memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
StephanieStevens, Owner at Marazion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Angie

Thank you for your lovely review and I will pass on your kind comments to the staff.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your special birthday stay. I look forward very much to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights at the Marazion Hotel during a recent trip to Cornwall and were pleased with what we found. The hotel has a great view towards St. Michael's Mount and if you decide to stay at the hotel pay the extra and take one of their sea view rooms. There are a few other rooms overlooking the courtyard at a cheaper rate but the sea view rooms are well worth the extra.
The owners have made a real effort to turn what could be a very run-of-the-mill Cornish pub-cum-hotel experience into something that offers real value for money in an over-priced location and the results are proof of their care and approach. Our room featured a super king bed with decent sitting area and space. The bathroom was shower only + sink and toilet but was clean and functional. The room overall had charm and was a pleasant place to be.

Breakfasts were tasty and featured a good cereal, fruit and yogurt self serve area as well as the traditional cooked breakfast.

Marazion itself is a lovely little village very close to the busyness of Penance but with a decent selection of restaurants for a short stay.

Cornwall can be expensive and not always with value for what you pay but the Marazion Hotel delivers good value with some charm alongside it and in an excellent location. It's a 2 star inn that punches above it's weight. Well done!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of St. Michael's Mount. They cost a bit more but are well worth the ex...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very positive review. I am so pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and enjoyed some of the other excellent restaurants that are available in Marazion. I hope you are able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I really would have given this place about a 3 and a half stars if I could. They try pretty hard here and there's nothing wrong with it. Special shoutout to the lovely Asian gal who seemed to be doing all the jobs all the time. Regarding all the gushy reviews, I think Brits are used to this sort of place, and I've been to more than a few too, but the Fawlty Towers vibe kept creeping in for me. My room had a terrific view of the Mount, but the place is on a big loud street. Trucks and late-night pub crawlers will be heard (the photos somehow made us think it is in a seafront spot - not exactly) The first impression made by the parking lot is pretty bad - asphalted back yard near the garage and the trash bins next to some old dead flower pots. Again, the MH can't do anything about its location, but it was not the sweet romantic sort of position we had envisioned. Breakfast was OK, not great. Coffee was dreadful. My room must have been the honeymoon suite - it was quite nice but my friends had brought their dog and their room was small, rather drab and all things considered, not much for the money. I couldn't get WiFi from my room so I had to keep going downstairs. Again, none of these are big problems, but we had stayed in spots much quainter and nicer for the same money - so 3 stars is all I can do.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have the best views. No surprise there!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff.

We are located in the heart of Marazion which is fabulous for all the amenities as they are all in walking distance. At the front of the hotel is the Marazion Square and there is local traffic that will pass by the front of the hotel as you experienced. Fortunately we were lucky to have a by-pass constructed back in the 1980's and now we only getting visiting traffic coming through.

I am pleased you found the view terrific, it is such a beautiful bay. I have reviewed our photos and have not found the one that shows the hotel being on the seafront and I would be very grateful if you could point this out to me as this is not the impression we want to give. We want our guests to know that there is a lovely view of the sea and St Michael's Mount but with the added benefit of seeing life go by in the town Square below.

Please accept my apologies for the poor WiFi connection you had, this is not acceptable as WiFi is so important. Unfortunately the WiFi has recently been misbehaving, it might be to do with the 6 foot thick granite walls we have in places! So last month we had a "Net Gear" survey to map out the buildings specific requirements and the new tailored equipment is being installed on the week beginning the 12th May 2014.

Thank you again for your feed back it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

One of the few times I booked a hotel without checking TripAdvisor. It did not disappoint! The hotel is exactly what it promises on the website. We had a very spacious family room with a double bed and two single beds. The wifi is free and works very well. There were some locals in the bar on the saturday evening, the meal was good (very nice sole) and the breakfast was great as well. There is not much to do in Marazion in March, though the environment is beautiful and it is 1 minute walk to see St Michael's Mount, as the hotel is in the centre. Ample parking for hotel guests. Good value for money.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 6, which is pretty good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Philip

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we know how valuable this information is for our guests.

It is great being so close to the Mount. And the walk across the causeway St Michael's Mount when the tide is low is so beautiful. One of the most inspiring times to make the trip is early in the morning before anyone else is up, there is something magical about the peace and tranquility at that time of day.

I look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps in the summer where you can experience Marazion again in a new way.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here for one night in the family room. Having stayed in some very cramped 'family rooms' before, we were impressed with the size of the room which was also very light and airy. My children loved the bunk beds and my husband and I thought our bed was very comfortable too.
Great location and lovely views from our windows. Friendly and very approachable staff.
Breakfast was good and the waitress was very accommodating.
Our only negative was that we found the lunch menu fairly limited..but the barman was happy to take an order for cheesy chips (which wasn't on the menu), which meant we had two very happy children!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
StephanieStevens, Owner at Marazion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us it is much appreciated.

I will pass on the your lovely comments to the staff and am pleased you found the family sea view room to your liking. We also have a sea view family suite which has two separate rooms joined by a small private hallway that we have found to be very popular with families too, something to consider for a future stay :-)

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Charming old building with old woodwork and sloping floors, well maintained and presented without spoiling the character - exactly what we look for in a country hotel. The black and white soft dog on the bench in the hall was just so and nearly caught us every time we passed through. Friendly and welcoming staff (we were offered 2 rooms, selected one and then changed our minds half an hour later because we preferred the view (great view of St Michaels Mount) - no problem!!). Spotlessly clean everywhere. Amazingly comfortable bed. We only stayed one night on a quick chill out weekend and would love to have had more time there, we shall go back later in the year. It takes no time to get there now on the new roads and yet you feel at the ends of the earth; also an amazing amount to see in the area. If you visit the bar don't forget to say hello to Roger.

Room Tip: We only saw 2 rooms, 2 and 5, they were both at the front with sea views. Both would have been grea...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Averil N

Thank you for your lovely review.

I do agree the roads do just keep getting better and better, the relatively recent India Queens new dual carriageway section is such an improvement to the A30.

I look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Friendly, family hotel we have returned here to find things even better than last time if that was poss. Steph you are a diamond and quietly shine in this establishment. If you want to feel warmly welcome, sleep well and have a good breakfast we recommend you stay here

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
StephanieStevens, Owner at Marazion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Jan

Thank you so much for your kind words and lovely review.
I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stephanie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marazion
Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Beachfield Hotel
Beachfield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Penzance

Been to Marazion Hotel? Share your experiences!