“Cornwall at its best”
Review of Marazion Hotel

Marazion Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marazion
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and very much enjoyed our stay. It is a small Cornwall Hotel full of character and yet has many facilities and comforts. The staff were excellent and we had good meals at the hotel. The location is good. From our room we could see St Michaels Mount and from the hotel we could easily walk to all of the main shops and attractions in the resort. It was great to have adequate parking and using the hotel as a base to see the rest of Cornwall worked very well. Wifi was good and free. We would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
StephanieStevens, Owner at Marazion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Michael

Thank you for taking the time to review us it is very much appreciated.

I am so pleased you liked the location and took advantage of some of the lovely galleries and shops which are close by.

I am currently very pleased about all the happy comments about our WiFi which is a new installation and is such an important facility for many of our guests.

I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited last October. I had two days off from work which took in my wife's birthday so we decided on the Sunday previous to this time off to see if we could get in to a hotel. We stumbled across the Marazion Hotel and thought we would try and get in. A phone call secured a room with a sea view with breakfast.

We turned up on the Wednesday and were quickly checked in. the room was comfortably appointed with the view over to St Michael's Mount a bonus even though it was slightly restricted.

We had dinner in the hotel that night. It was very nice, with a good range of fish dishes. my wife had a trio of fish and I had a nice baked hake fillet. My wife likes to have cheese and biscuits to round off a meal and enquired if this was possible as it was not on menu. To her credit, the waitress did check if this request could be met but it could not but this did not detract from what was a lovely meal with friendly service.

We retired to the bar after dinner which filled up quickly- it seemed to be the hub for a couple of local meetings. People did spill into the restaurant as the bar area is small. It seems very popular and made for a great atmosphere and we talked to one or two of the locals. When we retired to our room there were still a few in the bar but we did not hear any noise when in our room.

Breakfast was very nice and set us up for the actual birthday which was spent at Lands' End.

I think that this is a good base to stay at if touring West Cornwall. Comfortable and friendly

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geoff p

Hi Geoff

Thank you for reviewing us it is much appreciated. It is a while since you stayed so I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and wanted to write some kind words about your visit.

October is a wonderful time to visit Cornwall, it is much quieter after the busy summer and there is still a good chance of some really nice weather.

I hope we will welcome you back again this year too.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Spent 3 nights here with friends on a Motorbike touring holiday. Ideal base, located just off the main beach with views from some rooms of St Michaels mount.
Staff are very friendly and nothing seems too much trouble. Its a very old building and I guess it must be difficult to maintain but its kept very clean although there are odd signs of renovation being due. As a result its not a big, characterless modern style hotel with large rooms but it is quaint, its floors slope a bit and it's a bit of a maze when you go upstairs. Overall its clean comfy and friendly and I don't think you can ask for much more than that.
It is also part of the Cutty Sark pub and restaurant which it is attached to, I will review that separately, but well worth eating at, the food is of the highest standard and both food and drinks are reasonably priced. I would say that the food was one of the nicest surprises of the holiday.
Summary: Not luxurious, rooms are on the small side, but I will stay here again due to excellent staff, service, food, location and prices

Room Tip: I stayed in 3, a twin with some views over the beach. Small but sufficient. Would think rooms on top...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Paxo Paxo

I am so pleased you and your friends had en enjoyable stay with us. Thank you also for reviewing our Cutty Sark restaurant too and I will pass on your kind comments to staff.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed Monday to Friday and were put in room 8 on the second floor. It was at the rear and didn't have much of a view, but it was quiet at night and the room (though small) was clean. We had 2 evening meals during our stay which were very good served by friendly staff as were the breakfasts. The WIFI which had not long been installed was good all over the Hotel. If you have a heavy suitcase ask for help, the stairs are steep and there is no lift. Only comment, could do with an electric bell on reception, we waited sometime to check in and to check out.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Howard

Thank you so much for your review. I am really pleased with the new free WiFi too, it seems to be working wonderfully which I am very happy with as it is such an important service for many of our guests.

I note your suggestion on an electric bell on the front desk, there is the manual bell but I think that is perhaps not always loud enough. I will add that to our list of jobs for the winter when we are a little quieter.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed as a family last week, just for one night. Booked superior rooms with views for ourselves and teenage daughters. The rooms were clean and spacious. Lots of character with window boxes full of lovely flowers. I also liked the bathroom. Suprisingly modern for such an oldy worldy place and good lighting and facilities. Both our rooms looked out onto the Mount, and the local square. Despite the central location, it was delightfully quiet. Apart from the seagulls, but I liked that. You have to expect it so close to the sea. No noise from downstairs bar or restaurant. Warm friendly welcome and service. Delightful. Would definitely stay again. Oh yes, and the teddy bears. Our girls loved them. Nice homely touch.
Way better than staying in a chain hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank blogirlStAlbans

Dear blogirlStAlbans

Thank you for your wonderful review it is much appreciated.
I am so pleased you and your family had a lovely stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Outstanding. A Friday & Saturday night stay in the height of the summer. Quiet. No noisy weddings. Would stay again. Easy access by bus into Penzance. Food excellent. Obliged with an early breakfast Sunday morning so I could catch my train.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank TOjollygoodURS
StephanieStevens, Owner at Marazion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Jolly Good

Thank you for your review. I do like the buses too and they are a great way to get round, especially the open top one that runs in the summer months.

I am pleased we were able to feed you before your train trip, it is very important to start out with a good breakfast before a journey.

You will be pleased to hear that we have no plans to start doing weddings at the hotel, I agree they can tend to take over and dominate a hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you are looking for a boutique hotel in a small town on the Cornish coast, family owned and run, well managed with a friendly and helpful staff then you should consider the Marazion Hotel. We stayed here for six nights with our adult son in two well appointed, comfortable rooms larger than the UK average in our experience. The restaurant menu is wide ranging and excellent value. Substantial English breakfasts are served. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, meeting and chatting with our fellow guests and some of the local community. If driving, there is ample parking. It is in an excellent location for exploring this part of beautiful Cornwall. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a view of St Michael,s Mount.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barry H

Dear Barry

Thank you so much for your review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our large sea view room and the English breakfasts. We really do try to offer value for money and it is lovely to hear you felt we have achieved this.

Hopefully you managed to pick up a few Cornish phrases while chatting to the locals that will impressive your fellow Canadians :-)

I look forward welcoming you back soon.

Stephanie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marazion
Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant
The Gannet Inn
The Gannet Inn
#2 of 4 in Carbis Bay
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa

Been to Marazion Hotel? Share your experiences!