“great food”

Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Marazion
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Kings Arms at Marazion is a small, friendly pub that serves great food every day of the week alongside a selection of real ales from St Austell Brewery. Our menu, created by enthusiastic head chef Andy and his team, features only the best ingredients from local Cornish sources with all meals freshly prepared for you to enjoy. We have a comfortable, intimate bar with a warming log fire for colder evenings. Our outside seating area is a fantastic sun trap in the summer months and a very pleasant place to sit and chat with friends or enjoy a meal from our extensive menu. You will find the Kings Arms right in the heart of Marazion, just five minutes from the beach.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Busy pub with good atmosphere and great food at a reasonable price, well worth a visit recommend booking a table!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We ate here last year and came back two nights in a row again this year. It's only a small place so booking is definitely recommended, but it's a lovely pub/restaurant with a great atmosphere right in the centre of Marazion. The food was consistently brilliant, very fresh. The best fish pie I have had in a restaurant, would definitely recommend, and the chips I stole from my other half's plate were extra special. Proper home made food with reasonable prices. As for the deserts... again one of the best cheesecakes I have encountered. Staff were so friendly and couldn't do more to accommodate you. A must visit if you are eating in Marazion.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Having spentg 4 days in Cornwall we were keen to make sure we packed in as much as we could so we visited St Michael's Mount in Marazion. We had a coffee at the little "hut" in the main car park and the young lady there recommended we try the Kings Arms for lunch as the food was good and the large Godolphon Hotel was recently re-furbished and not as good as it used to be. We arrived in the pub at abour 2.10pm. There were no seats outside so we went inside and there was one other customer in there and 2 young girls behind the bar, who were very polite. I ordered sandwiches and apparently we had got in just in time as they stopped serving at 2.30pm. Considering most places at this time of year offer food all day that was suprising. However, the sandwiches came after a little while. The "garnish" was mainly watercress and a couple of bits of cherry tomato smothered in honey and mustard dressing - it certainly looked similar it definitely had wholegrain mustard in it. I forgot to say "no dressing" on the salad if you serve it with the sandwiches. Not everyone likes their salad smothered in dressing. Anyway, on closer inspection I realised that 60% of my watercress was yellow and clearly well past the date when it should be placed on a customer's plate! It was most off putting as I wondered what sort of "chef" woule be happy to send that out of his kitchen! A young lady came to collect our plates and asked if everythign was all right clearly expecting an affirmative, so when I pointed out that whilst my "garnish" or "salad" was not the most important part of my lunch and the sandwiches we had were very nice, it was disappointing to be served watercress that was certainly not fresh and that any chef who was happy to send that out to a customer was a worry. It was appalling. The young lasdy was most apologetic and said she would mention it to the Chef. However, as she turned to take our plates back to the kitchen this voice came back to me saying "how appalling" and some other comments I did not catch as I had my back to the bar.. My husband was facing them and seemed to think that it was a young man who could well have been the said "chef". He clearly worked there. I suggested to my husband that to comment would not be worth it and to leave it. I had stated our case and that was that. How anyone could think that mocking your customers just because they have pointed out a problem, which they are entitled to do, was incredibly rude and a mark of the person who clearly thought he was being clever and showing off.to anyone who was listening. We visited on 16th July in case anyone managing this Pub is at all interested. I would not recommend this pub to anyone - ever - and felt that I had not paid hard earned money to this establishment to be treated in such a way! I have worked in large hotels as a Front of House Manager and I am,catering trained and also worked in lubs abnd restaurants. I will always give credit where credit is due, but there is never an excuse to be rude to a customer,no matter what!

4  Thank Alexandra F
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Nice restaurant in the centre of Marazion with generous helpings of Fish & Chips to help us climb the path to St Michael's Mount.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Tried to book a table on Wednesday, but we're fully booked, tried again the following evening and we were in luck. Quaint unassuming pub offering a good selection on the menu of seafood and others. The family had Cornish Bratwurst, Scampi and fish (Hake) and chips, whilst I went for Skate Wing. Absolutely fantastic. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals, well worth the second attempt to go there. Staff were very friendly and professional. So, if your in the Marazion area, make sure you book and a make sure you go! Excellent