“Lovely cute restaurant!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Marazion
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely cute restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Thanks to google review, easily found this lovely restaurant - actually we planned to visit Godolphin's arm to try pub food but changed our mind just in front of the door step as it was q bit empty at that time (Sat 12 pm) and it was a good decision!!!
Lovely ambient, very warm service and more importantly very very great food+dessert! Price was very humble too - when we got a bill, we were quite surprised (we are from London so it makes sense, right?)
What else can I say? Just visit there!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Olivia1219

Truro, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Really lovely food, relaxed and comfortable. The staff were very professional and attentive, the service was faultless, Good wine list and the food was on the whole very good. Only criticism was that the portions were a bit on the small side. That wasn't just me but the opinion of the group. What was there was great, we just would have liked more. Just as an aside: the toilet is directly off the dining room, really needs a screen in front to save the embarassment of a potential queue issue. Thank you for a great night.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank ambergirl270
Cornwall England
“Relaxed atmosphere, Good Service, Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

A perfect place for families, couples or a romantic meal. The early evening special, 3 courses for £19.95, book before 6.30pm is a bargin. Lovely home made bread with olive oil is served once you order. Wine is very reasonable and you can buy it by the glass if you prefer.

The food is beautifully presented and delicious and where possible local produce is used. The local fish is delicious. We love the simple but stylish decor, comfortable seating and they have not packed the tables in so you can relax and enjoy your meal even when they are full.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank charlieCornwall
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

We both had catch of the day which was very good. Choice is not huge but excellent wines, with many being paired up with certain dishes in the menu if you need help deciding. Large group came in which made it a little difficult to hear. Would recommend to friends.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

I just had dinner at Ben's Cornish Kitchen this evening, on the recommendation from the owner of the B & B in Penzance where I am staying. I wish I would have known about this restaurant being so close to Penzance and I would have been there sooner.

Everything was just wonderful. It's directly across the street from the Godolphin Hotel (don't eat there) and to the left of the bright pink door. It's a lovely little place with about 12 tables and the place is spotless. They open at 5:30 and have an early dinner special, with 2 courses for 16 pounds or 3 for 18.50 pounds. I had the steak and brie in a phyllo shell over carmelized onions for my starter and it was fabulous. Just the right amount. I followed it with the catch of the day, which was Hake. I had never had Hake before, but I have seen it a lot in my Cornwall travels. It's a nice, very mild, flakey fish and it was sauteed in a bit of parsley butter. It comes with a small very natural salad with a light olive oil and balsamic dressing and chips. I didn't feel like having fried chips, so they gladly substituted small potatoes for me and they were perfectly cooked. They have a lovely wine list, as well. I was just too full for dessert, but I did have a yummy cappuccino.

My server was a sweet young lady and she couldn't have been more polite or helpful. The head chef is the owner and he has done a wonderful job. I hope to be back one day when I am in this area again. I have also downloaded a few pictures I took. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2011