“What a place!”

and up
Spectacular West Cornwall Highlights Luxury Private Tour from Cornwall
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Marazion
More attraction details
Owner description: Cross the causeway where a legendary giant once walked. Follow the footsteps of pilgrims or boat hop to an island where modern life meets layers of history. Discover an evocative castle, a sub-tropical garden paradise and a close-knit island community.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We recently visited whilst on a family holiday. We had our dog with us and they can visit the island but not the castle and the grounds. There was plenty to see besides so we didn't feel that we'd totally missed out. There were other buildings including shops, cafes and places serving ice creams.

Check the tide before you go if you want to walk across, although you can also go by boat. The Mount is a fantastic place and thoroughly recommended.

There are newer reviews for St. Michael's Mount

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Not somewhere I would normally chose but with friends & it was their sort of thing! Was amazed, enjoyed the walk across the causeway but insisted we come back before the tide changed very windy day!
Many steps to walk up & steep, good walking shoes needed, once at th top you can go in the house which is charming & full of history.
Many photo opportunities of surrounding area across the sea.
Lovely cafe but be warned, one piece of cake is enough for two :)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Did not know about this site until recent. Can't believe I got here before I saw the French version. Very nice though! Took a boat over and walked the causeway back. This causeway seems to be open much longer than they claim. I guess they want people to take the boats to make money and to spread the visits to the castle a bit. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I walked across the causeway as the tide was out. This was interesting as the path there is rugged to say the least. Once there, the lady in the shop supplied me with some tissues as it was an extremely windy day and my eyes were streaming. Having sorted myself out, I made my way to the walk up to the Castle. Still the large and small rocks and pebbles but very steep. I do not advise anyone who has a mobility problem to attempt this without asking for help which is there if you want it.
Once up at the top where the Cannons are situated the views are stunning. This is also where you have to queue to get into the house. The queue was too long for me to wait, so I made my way down to the bottom. I thoroughly enjoyed this walk and the views, but can only say again. Do not attempt it if you have any mobility problems. I was aware the whole time that there were young children running around and found it a bit disturbing as the parents did not seem to be bothered that their children may unsettled an older person or even knock them over.
There is a castle hunt for children, which looked to be interesting and interactive, so that is good as well.
There were staff members available on the route, so if you did have difficulties then help was there.
Altogether - well worth the visit as long as you can manage it . If not let the staff know and they will get you help.
The 2 shops were actually not over expensive and had some unusual bits and pieces. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

What a fantastic place, I'm not normally in to this sort of thing but this was a great little adventure. A nice walk across the causeway and some breath-taking views once you're on the island. Would recommend all day long.