“Stunning Food”

Price range: US$7 - US$84
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Good for: View
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated within the Mount Haven hotel in Marazion Cornwall, the Mount Haven hotel restaurant is open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Serving lunch from our terrace bar menu from 12- 2 Monday to Saturday and our Sunday lunch menu from 12 - 2.30pm. Enjoy lunch in nice weather on the terrace, or enjoy the view from our terrace bar. In the evening chef Ross updates the menu daily with his chefs specials served alongside our classic dishes. Ross and his talented kitchen team are committed to creating food that is adventurous, modern British, and inspired by nature. Expect imaginative dishes that use the freshest of ingredients available here in beautiful west Cornwall.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food here was fantastic and the waitress was very helpful and recommending certain dishes.

Cant wait to go back

1  Thank Jessica9326

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ate here whilst on holiday in Marazion and it was one of the best restaurants I have been to. Gorgeous food, excellent service and stunning views. Had a Balearics ambience which only added to the excellent evening. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Helena11
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Sunday lunch we had here was great value for money. The staff are very friendly too. The menu is short for lunch, but there is enough for most tastes. We had the Portuguese wine, which was a pleasant alternative to the usual. The veg was beautifully cooked - I don't usually like cooked carrots, but they did them to perfection and I loved them. The loss of one green blob was due to their being pesto on the starter when it was not on the menu and it overpowered the rest of the dish; and the plate for the main course was cold. The views from the restaurant are great, so if it warm enough, do make the most of the terrace.

3  Thank Chatterisgirl
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Non resident- before booking I looked at the hotel's homepage/menus, my booking was made on displayed pages. when we arrived the presented menus did not replicate web menus, we were handed 2 menus (that were actually different), a dish I choose (pigeon breast) was not on the "current menu" so I had to change my choice. My husband had to chooses from the la carte as the set menu did not suit his taste. That said the food presented was top notch. Would I go again- I would clarify what is what firstly and if the sun is shining would go. Sat outside- beautiful

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I've just come back from 4 fabulous nights at the Mount Haven hotel. The hotel is lovely, situated in a beautiful spot overlooking St Michaels mount. Unfortunately as previous reviews have stated, hotel Cymorvah sits opposite on the left. If you are staying in rooms 15 & above this doesn't make much difference as you have a direct view of the mount, but if you are staying in a room with limited sea views then the hotel is v.much your focus. However, my bf & I stayed in room 3 for the first two nights & it was still lovely, cosy - but still spacious, & with a balcony. As it's on the bottom floor we heard people above us in the evening; equally, as it's quite close to reception, we were worried of people hearing us talking & didn't feel like we had total privacy. We had booked to stay here three nights & another night in the superior room with garden view, however the lovely lady & owner of the hotel upgraded us to room 15 upstairs - a superior room with sea views. This changed our experience altogether; the spacious room was gorgeous with a striking view out towards the mount, sitting on our balcony first thing in the morning was an absolutely great way to wake up. The bed was extremely comfy - giving me enough room to stretch out without touching my partner - bliss! It also had the add on of a bath, white robes & two wicker chairs which really came in handy when it was a bit chilly & we wanted to sit by the balcony but not on it. I would pay to come & experience this room again so thank the wonderful owners for making this happen. With regards to dining, we had a lovely evening meal - & we wished that we had chosen to come here for a second night as opposed to going to the Godolphin Arms in Marizion town centre - both are frustratingly similar in price, but with Mount Haven you get what you pay for. Unfortunately the Godolphin Arms has a brilliant view looking out onto the mount, but the Mount Haven restaurant, positioned on the ground floor, looks out onto a concrete courtyard. As a result, it was devoid of atmosphere & the only thing keeping any was the cheery accommodating staff - especially a lovely lady we think was called Paris. We discussed how different our experience would be if the restaurant was upstairs in the bar/cafe area whose view of the mount would serve a completely atmospheric and truly magical evening. The beautiful balcony, which takes prominence in the  marketing, could be utilised with patio heaters? We would be straight back. The hotel has visiting therapists, all the proceeds go to charity so never has it felt so rewarding to indulge. I had a holistic massage. My masseuse was absolutely lovely & made me feel v comfortable. The only point id make is that the room wasn't totally relaxing; the room was quite bright, so curtains or a blind (as opposed to a screen at the window) would change this. Another comment for improvement would be to have specific staff for the reception & the bar, as the same staff carried out duties for both - oddly we went for reception to ask for an iron, but the individual told us to ask at the bar?! At frequent times there was no one at reception, though there is a bell to press to call someone. With this extra service  the hotel would feel like a four star! On a last note, I arranged for a birthday cake to be made and delivered to our room whilst we were out - it was well presented & tasted delicious & acted as the cherry on the cake on the day - well worth it. Over all, a fantastic hotel with a few slight improvements to be made to make a stay all that more memorable. We will be back.