“First class food and service”

and 1 more site!
Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marazion
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Superb and simple food, beautifully presented in a stylish tranquil dining area with stunning views. The hotel is full of beautiful works of art, very friendly down to earth staff who remembered us from some six years ago - when they pampered us before and after our Civil Partnership. We had family with us this time who were very impressed with the menu, the seafood soup, one of the best ever, the lamb shanks were simply divine served on a bed of lentils and puréed cabbage. The wine was also good and very reasonably priced. We will not be leaving it so long for our next visit !!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Recently visited mounts haven hotel after catching a glimpse of a 5 course food and wine menu that specialised in game food and spanish wine? I presume it was a special one off menu to promote the hotel and show what it has to offer, and show off is exactly what it did. It's hard at the best if times to fine a menu that includes game, let alone it be cooked and presented to such a high quality. Rabbit, pheasant and quail where all prepared in a variety of ways and all where simply delicious. The Spanish wines selected to match our food where spot on and explained to us whilst we dined by the Spanish rep for the vineyard and regions of Spain in which the wines where produced. The staff where all on the ball and very friendly. I think I speak not only for myself, but for all the others that attended, the evening was brilliant. I would recommend eating there undoubtedly and if your lucky enough to get the chance to have a special taster evening, you would be silly to miss out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Excellent hotel. I discovered this hotel whilst working in the area and thought it would be a great place to take the wife. Spent August bank holiday weekend there and really enjoyed it. Treated the wife to a spa session which she was happy with. Plenty to see & do in the area plus the weather was good (Bonus). Had great view across to St Micheal's Mount.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel has the best views, excellent and efficient staff and a fab chef!
We stay for 2 nights and enjoyed every minute.
Our check in was quick and we were shown to our room. The views were amazing.
Breakfast was great with a good selection. We booked dinner and the food was fantastic.
This hotel is a gem and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to chill out and have some fab food with an amazing view.
I just wish we could of stayed longer!!!
Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms 13+, if you want an excellent view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I chose this hotel after much research plus reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, and on that basis booked a week for my wife and I DB&B.

What a great choice! The hotel really was a haven of tranquility, clean, quiet and all you could wish for. We stayed in Room 17 and were treated to that glorious view of St Michael's Mount and the vista of Mounts Bay.

Our holiday started with such a friendly welcome on arrival from Orange & Mike Trevillion and Louis - who made us feel like returning friends even though this was our first visit. The team at the Mount Haven could not have been more helpful if they tried - with special thanks to Anna the lovely waitress who lent my wife one of her Spanish fans for the week, to Paul the 'mixologist' who really enjoys his work (and it shows) and who makes a mean G&T, and to Lisa and all the other staff who asked after my wife when she was ill for a day.

Special praise must be reserved for Lee Groves, the head chef. The food in the restaurant was outstanding - the portions were not enormous, which is probably a good thing if you're staying for a week, but the taste and presentation of all the dishes we had was sublime. I really could not find fault anywhere - now how often does that happen in a restaurant?

As you may have gathered dear reader, we liked it all... A LOT and we will be back, of that there is absolutely no doubt.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were looking for somewhere special to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary. I've always wanted to visit St Michael's Mount in Marazion and came across Mount Haven during a search and promptly booked Room 9. It was even better than expected, the staff were so welcoming and the hotel itself had such lovely relaxed feel to the place. We arrived at lunchtime and had a fantastic view out on the terrace of the St Michael's Mount (which is only a lovely 10 minute walk through the village itself). Our room was wonderful with a lovely en-suite and balcony. The food was truly amazing (we went Dinner, Bed & Breakfast) and again, the staff are a real credit to the whole atmosphere. I have not felt this relaxed in a very long time and I am already planning a return visit. I LOVE this place and I'm pretty reluctant to share my magical find...

Room Tip: Room 9 had fabulous views and a Four Poster Bed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I first stayed at this hotel 20 odd years ago. It was good then, now it is a diamond.
Just back from a 10 day stay and all the staff from the Owners down were superb and were genuinely concerned when my wife had a slight wobble with her diabetes.
The food was excellent but with the daily specials and catch of the day, dishes I had earmarked to try never got a look in.Ah well maybe next time.
The Garden room we had meant we could come and go as we pleased without using the stairs, very good for people with mobility problems.
If, the hotel could control the weather it would have been perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marazion
Marazion Hotel
#1 of 3 in Penzance
The Greenbank Hotel
The Greenbank Hotel
#3 of 24 in Falmouth

Been to Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!