Blink and you'll miss it! The Mount haven Hotel in Marazion is hidden from view due to its position in the lie of the land, so look out for the signs.
At the far end of the village (if you were coming from Penzance) the hotel is tucked into the landscape with beautiful views of Mounts Bay and, in particular, St Michael's Mount.
Ours was a superior sea view room. It was a reasonable size, well appointed and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and stock of daily goodies was replenished fully each morning.
The food was first rate, delicious in fact. A very good choice for breakfast and for the evening meal. Notify the staff of your intended mealtime in the evening, and when ready sit in the bar for a pre meal drink, or make a start on your bottle of wine, nibble your olives and nuts and place your order, then sit back and relax.
The staff were very friendly and helpful from our initial welcome to our departure. Lots of smiles and conversation and as much help as you needed.
Sadly ours was a fairly short stay ..... but it is very firmly on the list of places to return to, and to recommend to friends.
The Mount Haven Hotel is also very well sighted for exploring West Cornwall and all it has to offer. And, as others have said, good value for money too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mount Haven is on the outskirts of Marazion, a historic market town in west Cornwall. The hotel has 19 beautiful bedrooms, a treatment room, a peaceful garden, an excellent restaurant and a contemporary Terrace Bar with mesmerising views out to sea, with St Michael’s Mount as the focal point. A stay here offers the chance to step away from your busy life and truly relax, unwind and rejuvenate. St Aubyn Estates became the owner of the hotel in July 2016, and after a prolonged period of closure for an extensive renovation we are now open. The hotel has been transformed inside and out, but the warm welcome and dedication of the team to meet our guests’ needs remain rooted in the hotel’s psyche. The restaurant is open to non-residents and Ross Sloan, our Head Chef, is a rising star on the Cornish food scene, serving imaginative food that makes the most of the fresh seasonal produce from the bay and land on our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Haven Hotel And Restaurant
- Mount Haven Marazion
- Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant Marazion, Cornwall