“Best view in uk?”

The Station house
Ranked #17 of 19 Restaurants in Marazion
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
UK
“Best view in uk?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Ate at lunch time in the conservatory. Looks I auspicious from the outside but the view from the conservatory is second to none. Very generous portions and helpful staff. 'Pub grub' type food, cooked well and tasty.

• Visited June 2013

“Pricey for a tea and cake”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Went here on a whim to get out from the cold with my husband and little boy.
I thought it would be a good place to stop. Conservatory looked lovely but inside was disappointed with the pub looked rather grim. I witnessed dogs about one went into the kitchen but was promptly told to go out and the owner told to put animal on lead.
Waited to be served at the bar ordered two teas and a couple of sweets. The sweets were on display in the conservatory.
I asked for a what looked like chocolate pie/ tart and a piece roulade. The lady who served me placed it on the table where we chose to sit. I went to get the tea which were a small tea cup.
The chocolate sweet was very small in size and my roulade was better sized.
The lady told me it was £10.20! I nearly said forget it. But thought I need a cup of tea, it's cold and very windy outside and cake had been served.
Yes for a cream tea or a cuppa with a cake in Cornwall is around £5 but at least you get a big cup or pot of tea. Either cake was nothing special unfortunately. Looked brought in nothing wrong with that but usually fine tasting and size better.
Noticed that the sweets were £3.50 each on the chalk board when I sat down. So the cups of tea were most likely £1.50!
Next time we're in the area we will not be stopping there again.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice people”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Nice friendly pub but decor is tired and too many pub games and machines. Good food though. Perfect position by the sea.

Visited May 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Very good pub grub at reasonable prices. The mixed grill came out very hot and well cooked with plenty to eat. Service was very quick and served with a smile. Real ale was very enjoyable

Visited August 2012
Isle of Wight
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

Great location, good beer (Doom Bar) and not over priced. Food was reasonable and enjoyed our first visit.

Visited September 2012