“Nice views but wouldn't go again”
Review of Chapel Rock Cafe

Chapel Rock Cafe
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Marazion
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Went here on Easter Saturday, very slow, disinterested service took about 20 minutes just to bring our drinks out. Cheap horrid greasy fries, which is fine if you're paying Mcdonalds prices which we weren't!!! Found a hair in our cake too. Wouldn't go back.

chapelrock99, Owner at Chapel Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Wow !! a 1 rating is as bad as it gets. I am sure if you had mentioned your concerns at the time we would have dealt with this in the proper way as I am sure any other cafe would, It's a shame you chose to rush off to your computer. I see you're a local and would have appreciated a more personable approach.
We had a busy easter and my staff all worked extremely hard, I am pretty proud of them and they are pretty gutted reading your comments.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My daughter and I went into the Chapel Rock for a take away lunch. My daughter asked for a burger but without the mustard mayo. We were told, and I quote, "we've been told we're too busy and can't amend the orders because the kitchen keeps making mistakes"! What???

I was amazed that a professional kitchen couldn't cope with a simple amendment to an order and therefore customers have to either like it or lump it.

My sandwich of roasted veg, humus and pesto was ok but dripping with grease.

We're local and have visited the cafe a handful of times; we won't be back though sadly!

1  Thank LovePraaSands

Hi KAJL
I can certainly see why you are very disappointed! I was shocked reading your review.
As the owner, I am also the chef and I have never personally told any of my staff that I cannot make any changes for a customer. KAJL I can assure you that we always cater for everybody's needs, I have looked into this matter and it has now been sorted. I see you are local it would be great if you and your daughter could come back and see myself (Paul ) or my Manageress (Rachel) and have another meal on us as a way of an apology. We will make sure there is not so much virgin olive oil on the med veg!!
Kind regards
The Chapel Rock Team

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant place with a great location! Food was very good value and delicious! Service with a smile. We intended to eat at The Godolphin, but were delighted it was closed as it brought us here instead! Will definitely pop in on our next visit!

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We dropped in for lunch prior to visiting St Michael's Mount. The staff were helpful, and found us a table for 4 within 5 mins, which was fine. The food followed about 15mins later, and was delicious. The crab salad was particularly tasty. Not the cheapest venue, perhaps, but you get what you pay for. Bill was just under £50 for 4. Left a tip, and do recommend if you are twiddling your thumbs waiting for a boat for the Mount.

2  Thank adambroome
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I can tell you it's not a punishment to have the chocolate cake from Chapel rock café for lunch!! We didn't have more than that, but the smells from the cafe's kitchen were very promissing.