We have stayed here before and always found the hotel staff friendly and helpful although it was a while ago so his was a re visit!!!
We went down at very short notice with our two dogs and stayed in room 8. The interior of the hotel or at least the bedrooms have been re decorated and are very pleasant light and airy.
There is planning permission in for the exterior so watch this space.
The food is good pub grub and if the weather is pleasant you can sit on the terrace with a nice chilled bottle of wine or Cornish lager and enjoy the spectacular view to St Michaels Mount.
This hotel makes you want to forget London and all tht goes with it and spend time enjoying the beautiful countryside of Cornwall especially Marazion,Prussia Cove and Pothleven - great fish and chips in the latter. Not good for the waistline!!
This is really worth a visit to blow the blues away in lovely surroundings with friendly staff and if you want to take your dogs all the better.
The hotel gets very booked up so if you want to visit make sure you book well in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Godolphin Arms is on the water’s edge of Mount’s Bay along a two mile stretch of beach in the historic market town of Marazion, West Cornwall. It overlooks the beautiful St Michael’s Mount, with one of the most magnificent beachside views in the country.Following a major renovation inside and out, the Godolphin Arms has recently reopened its doors unveiling a warm and welcoming beachside inn – a place to eat, drink or stay and explore the unspoilt beauty of the South West coast.Our stunning coastal location has inspired the design, bringing the natural beauty of the beach outside in with relaxed, mellow living spaces and a stunning centrepiece - a two storey light-bathed glass and zinc dining area opening out onto a balcony upstairs and a terrace downstairs. Walk straight in off the beach to our colourful and chilled-out beach bar, linger on the beachside terrace with friends or relax and unwind on the comfy sofas and chairs by the woodburner. Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce.Whether you choose to eat, drink or stay in one of our ten en-suite bedrooms, the team will be delighted to welcome you and will do all they can to ensure your stay with us is both memorable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Godolphin Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Godolphin Arms Hotel Marazion
- Godolphin Arms Marazion, Cornwall