We had done no research on this part of our vacation and walked in off the street looking for a room. We were lucky that we were shown the 2 available rooms to choose from, one on the first floor with a balcony with views across to St Michael's Mount and the second Room #1 on the basement level with a magnificent bay window with the same view as above. We chose room #1 because the weather was a little too inclement to sit on the balcony and the sun filled bay window allowed us to enjoy a coffee and tea and soak in the magnificent view. Marazion is a lovely town to wander around but we feel that we won the lottery by stumbling into this hotel. The room was large with good furnishings and appointments. We dined in the hotel for dinner and breakfast which was both convenient but also very tasty. The unique part of the stay was in the evening when the tide come in with the splash from the waves hitting our window. We loved the place. Another bonus was that free secure parking adjoined the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Godolphin Arms is on the water’s edge of Mount’s Bay along a two mile stretch of beach in the historic market town of Marazion, West Cornwall. It overlooks the beautiful St Michael’s Mount, with one of the most magnificent beachside views in the country.Following a major renovation inside and out, the Godolphin Arms has recently reopened its doors unveiling a warm and welcoming beachside inn – a place to eat, drink or stay and explore the unspoilt beauty of the South West coast.Our stunning coastal location has inspired the design, bringing the natural beauty of the beach outside in with relaxed, mellow living spaces and a stunning centrepiece - a two storey light-bathed glass and zinc dining area opening out onto a balcony upstairs and a terrace downstairs. Walk straight in off the beach to our colourful and chilled-out beach bar, linger on the beachside terrace with friends or relax and unwind on the comfy sofas and chairs by the woodburner. Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce.Whether you choose to eat, drink or stay in one of our ten en-suite bedrooms, the team will be delighted to welcome you and will do all they can to ensure your stay with us is both memorable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Godolphin Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Godolphin Arms Hotel Marazion
- Godolphin Arms Marazion, Cornwall