Stayed for two nights. A wonderful welcome at reception and help with our heavy cases from the car park to our rooms. Our room was enormous with two windows - one overlooking The Mount and one with a view of the Lizard. Vast comfy bed, coffee machine, fresh milk, ironing board and iron. Super bathroom with great shower. Bad points: some of the furniture was a little knocked about and there was the most disgusting smell pervading the room. We were assured by staff that this was the smell of the seaweed, but it smelled like sewage to me (having briefly worked in the offices of a sewage treatment works the aroma seemed very familiar!). What really let the place down were the bar, restaurant and public rooms - ugh! Total lack of ambiance, smelly corridors, stained carpets and seats, curtains falling down, mediocre food, waitress with a bandaged hand who left us to lay our own places and slimy watercress. Breakfast was quite nice and the head waiter was very professional, but it would be good if the window tables were reserved for residents. We dined over the road on our second evening at the Marazion Hotel - lovely! This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at on our mini-tour of Cornwall and the worst value for money, which was disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Godolphin Arms is on the water’s edge of Mount’s Bay along a two mile stretch of beach in the historic market town of Marazion, West Cornwall. It overlooks the beautiful St Michael’s Mount, with one of the most magnificent beachside views in the country.Following a major renovation inside and out, the Godolphin Arms has recently reopened its doors unveiling a warm and welcoming beachside inn – a place to eat, drink or stay and explore the unspoilt beauty of the South West coast.Our stunning coastal location has inspired the design, bringing the natural beauty of the beach outside in with relaxed, mellow living spaces and a stunning centrepiece - a two storey light-bathed glass and zinc dining area opening out onto a balcony upstairs and a terrace downstairs. Walk straight in off the beach to our colourful and chilled-out beach bar, linger on the beachside terrace with friends or relax and unwind on the comfy sofas and chairs by the woodburner. Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce.Whether you choose to eat, drink or stay in one of our ten en-suite bedrooms, the team will be delighted to welcome you and will do all they can to ensure your stay with us is both memorable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Godolphin Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Godolphin Arms Hotel Marazion
- Godolphin Arms Marazion, Cornwall