We took a long weekend at the Godolphin Arms. The venue had been recently refurbished to a high standard with wonderful views over the sea and St Michaels Mount. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable we had room ten which we think was the best for space and light.
The staff are chatty and extraordinarily likable as are the management nothing was too much trouble. The venue has some teething troubles with new staff especially in the restaurant but with their hearts in the right place it is easy to forgive. I believe that these issues will be resolved in the near future, if not they pressure of summer volumes will tell. The food is excellent.
The rooms are pricey and my one real recommendation would be to reduce it by about 15%.
I look forward to returning at the end of the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Godolphin Arms is on the water’s edge of Mount’s Bay along a two mile stretch of beach in the historic market town of Marazion, West Cornwall. It overlooks the beautiful St Michael’s Mount, with one of the most magnificent beachside views in the country.Following a major renovation inside and out, the Godolphin Arms has recently reopened its doors unveiling a warm and welcoming beachside inn – a place to eat, drink or stay and explore the unspoilt beauty of the South West coast.Our stunning coastal location has inspired the design, bringing the natural beauty of the beach outside in with relaxed, mellow living spaces and a stunning centrepiece - a two storey light-bathed glass and zinc dining area opening out onto a balcony upstairs and a terrace downstairs. Walk straight in off the beach to our colourful and chilled-out beach bar, linger on the beachside terrace with friends or relax and unwind on the comfy sofas and chairs by the woodburner. Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce.Whether you choose to eat, drink or stay in one of our ten en-suite bedrooms, the team will be delighted to welcome you and will do all they can to ensure your stay with us is both memorable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Godolphin Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Godolphin Arms Hotel Marazion
- Godolphin Arms Marazion, Cornwall