I stayed in the hotel last week and initial impressions were not good. I had no idea about parking , despite the fact that the owners also own all the car parks. Once I got to the car park a very grumpy attendant waved me in a direction to park my car. The attendants were unhelpful on each occasion I left or returned to the car park, clearly removing the rope was a chore for them.
My biggest surprise was finding that breakfast was not included in the booking.com price, even though this was the same as the price on the hotels website. To me this is very wrong, if I was getting a discount fair enough, Just because they have to pay a commission to booking.com is not my problem, that is a marketing cost. Penny pinching at its worst
The rooms were very nicely renovated, and very high spec. I liked having a small fridge.
As everyone says the views from restaurant / bar are the very best you can get. Sitting down for breakfast and watching the tide over the causeway was just the best.
You really have to applaud the owners for the number of staff at hand in the bar and restaurant. They were pleased to help at all times during my stay.
I had a problem with the tv as it requires a strange combination of key presses on the remote to make it work and this was not shown to me when I checked into the room., but was shown later when reported to reception.
I was pleasantly surprised at the prices of food and drink. No higher than the other pubs in Marazion, but with much better views.
I am not sure about the £2 million cost of the renovation that seems to be referred to by staff and locals, what ever the cost its a great place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Godolphin Arms is on the water’s edge of Mount’s Bay along a two mile stretch of beach in the historic market town of Marazion, West Cornwall. It overlooks the beautiful St Michael’s Mount, with one of the most magnificent beachside views in the country.Following a major renovation inside and out, the Godolphin Arms has recently reopened its doors unveiling a warm and welcoming beachside inn – a place to eat, drink or stay and explore the unspoilt beauty of the South West coast.Our stunning coastal location has inspired the design, bringing the natural beauty of the beach outside in with relaxed, mellow living spaces and a stunning centrepiece - a two storey light-bathed glass and zinc dining area opening out onto a balcony upstairs and a terrace downstairs. Walk straight in off the beach to our colourful and chilled-out beach bar, linger on the beachside terrace with friends or relax and unwind on the comfy sofas and chairs by the woodburner. Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce.Whether you choose to eat, drink or stay in one of our ten en-suite bedrooms, the team will be delighted to welcome you and will do all they can to ensure your stay with us is both memorable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Godolphin Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Godolphin Arms Hotel Marazion
- Godolphin Arms Marazion, Cornwall