“Seriously good”

and 1 more site!
Godolphin Arms
Ranked #2 of 8 Marazion B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Godolphin is one of those places that you wished you'd always known about.
From the moment we arrived and were shown to our room by a very polite lady, to the minute we left we were very well looked after.
The team (of which there were many) were all really friendly and concerned that you had the best of everything.
The first waiter (tall with an impressive beard) impressed my other half by taking the time to have a good beer/bad beer conversation before making a recommendation.
The food was very nice, with a small but adequate menu. We had a fantastic fresh crab sandwich, made with focaccia at lunch, and a lovely seafood sharing platter in the evening.
The look of the hotel was very spacious New England chic, down to the staff in yachting plimsolls and blue chinos. Bifold doors lead out to the terrace over looking St Michaels mount.
The bedroom (room 4) was lovely, painted in a lovely calming olive green with an amazing bed, it says double on the hotel website but was more super king in size. Excellent linen and a very good mattress.
The bathroom comes with perfectly fluffy towels and white company products.
The room also has a Puro coffee pod machine (yum) as well as a kettle. They even provide fresh milk in the fridge along with little orange squash sachets.
We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeJandKateB

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Good location and parking good. Was disappointed not to have a room view over the mount despite request but room clean and good size bathroom. Ate in restaurant second night and food was very average and room for improvement. I should say the same about the staff.!. Excluding one excellent barman who put himself out for us on our arrival and a young lady who seemed to be doing more than her own job.. the rest could learn quite a bit from him. A few encountered were okay but feel some training wouldn't go amiss in attentiveness and respect, that comment directed to one young man in the restaurant in particular!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely new rooms, really great food.
Excellent local ales.
The view is to die for. What a spot.

The place has recently been renovated/remodelled, so although nice and new, it has simply no character. This won't be an issue for most, more just and FYI.

Worth a stay for sure. We stayed one night.

Room Tip: The 2 rooms downstairs are below the bar/restaurant so not good for people going to bed before 11/11...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DW-THX1138
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel last week and initial impressions were not good. I had no idea about parking , despite the fact that the owners also own all the car parks. Once I got to the car park a very grumpy attendant waved me in a direction to park my car. The attendants were unhelpful on each occasion I left or returned to the car park, clearly removing the rope was a chore for them.

My biggest surprise was finding that breakfast was not included in the booking.com price, even though this was the same as the price on the hotels website. To me this is very wrong, if I was getting a discount fair enough, Just because they have to pay a commission to booking.com is not my problem, that is a marketing cost. Penny pinching at its worst

The rooms were very nicely renovated, and very high spec. I liked having a small fridge.

As everyone says the views from restaurant / bar are the very best you can get. Sitting down for breakfast and watching the tide over the causeway was just the best.

You really have to applaud the owners for the number of staff at hand in the bar and restaurant. They were pleased to help at all times during my stay.

I had a problem with the tv as it requires a strange combination of key presses on the remote to make it work and this was not shown to me when I checked into the room., but was shown later when reported to reception.

I was pleasantly surprised at the prices of food and drink. No higher than the other pubs in Marazion, but with much better views.

I am not sure about the £2 million cost of the renovation that seems to be referred to by staff and locals, what ever the cost its a great place to stay

Room Tip: Book direct with hotel as this is the same price but includes breakfasts. Booking.com etc is room on...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Greenoak
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A newly refurbished hotel with excellent views over St Michael's Mount. Modern theme with very comfortable rooms with a large bathroom. Rooms are very well equipped, to high standards, including an IPod docking station, 'pod' coffee maker (excellent quality) and a powerful shower. Room 4 has a small window overlooking the roof of the hotel with a glimpse of the sea, so limited views. The restaurant looks out over the Bay with balconies and outside seating area when the weather is fine. The views over St Michael's Mount are amazing. We were disappointed with the food given the high quality of the rest of the facilities at this hotel. The menu was a bit limited. I ate on my own at lunch time as my husband and friends were walking. As a loan diner I was given a table near the stairs, although there were two window tables available. I ordered 2 'starters', the squid and the soup with the intention that the soup would come as a 'main' meal. They both came together which was disappointing. The waiter did apologise when he noticed but the overall experience was uncomfortable to me. There was also some difficulty in trying to book a table in the restaurant for the evening. The waiter advised me the restaurant was fully booked (it was a Saturday) even after I explained we were staying the night. I went to the reception and received a totally different level of service. Very friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble and table booked with no difficulty what so ever. It was the restaurant food and service which has stopped me giving a 5 star rating. Having said this, we would return and recommend the hotel to others. If staying for more than one night we would look to have a sea view room and possibly eat out.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a large room but dark as only has a small window and views of the hotel roof and other win...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LorrainePer57
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We traveled to Penzance with no lodging reservation, thinking it was a big enough place to find something. To use the word of a local, Penzance is a little "rough". Minutes and a world away is Marazion! The newly renovated Godophin Arms was heaven sent! We had the family room with the port hole window overlooking St Michael’s Mount. Gasp! It was our view from our king size bed when we awoke. After checking in, we went downstairs for a pear cider and a pizza. It was not on the menu yet but Chef was willing to try one out on us. The location of the hotel is perfect to get a before noon jump on the tourists to the Mount and they let us leave our car in the car park after check out. The welcome and room we had at Godolphin Arms will always be one of our favorite travel memories.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BailsMom2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were recommended the Hotel and were initially put in a lovely room, but it was dark and not what we wanted and as there we no other rooms available at our price bracket we went to leave. Luckily for us, the hotel manager kindly upgraded us to a family suite, which was beautiful. The view from the window over St. Michaels Mount was spectacular, the room finish was high quality and you had everything you could need. We dined in the restaurant and the staff were very friendly, the food was great and the whole ambiance was relaxing and fun. Yes you can hear a bit of noise in the room from the music downstairs, but nothing so bad as to spoil your sleep or your time at the hotel. I can't recommend the place enough and am so grateful for the upgrade and wonderful experience we had. Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sallie G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marazion
Mount Haven Hotel & Restaurant
#10 of 21 in St Ives
Artist Residence Cornwall
Artist Residence Cornwall
#9 of 82 in Penzance

Been to Godolphin Arms? Share your experiences!