The Godolphin is one of those places that you wished you'd always known about.
From the moment we arrived and were shown to our room by a very polite lady, to the minute we left we were very well looked after.
The team (of which there were many) were all really friendly and concerned that you had the best of everything.
The first waiter (tall with an impressive beard) impressed my other half by taking the time to have a good beer/bad beer conversation before making a recommendation.
The food was very nice, with a small but adequate menu. We had a fantastic fresh crab sandwich, made with focaccia at lunch, and a lovely seafood sharing platter in the evening.
The look of the hotel was very spacious New England chic, down to the staff in yachting plimsolls and blue chinos. Bifold doors lead out to the terrace over looking St Michaels mount.
The bedroom (room 4) was lovely, painted in a lovely calming olive green with an amazing bed, it says double on the hotel website but was more super king in size. Excellent linen and a very good mattress.
The bathroom comes with perfectly fluffy towels and white company products.
The room also has a Puro coffee pod machine (yum) as well as a kettle. They even provide fresh milk in the fridge along with little orange squash sachets.
We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Godolphin Arms is on the water’s edge of Mount’s Bay along a two mile stretch of beach in the historic market town of Marazion, West Cornwall. It overlooks the beautiful St Michael’s Mount, with one of the most magnificent beachside views in the country.Following a major renovation inside and out, the Godolphin Arms has recently reopened its doors unveiling a warm and welcoming beachside inn – a place to eat, drink or stay and explore the unspoilt beauty of the South West coast.Our stunning coastal location has inspired the design, bringing the natural beauty of the beach outside in with relaxed, mellow living spaces and a stunning centrepiece - a two storey light-bathed glass and zinc dining area opening out onto a balcony upstairs and a terrace downstairs. Walk straight in off the beach to our colourful and chilled-out beach bar, linger on the beachside terrace with friends or relax and unwind on the comfy sofas and chairs by the woodburner. Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce.Whether you choose to eat, drink or stay in one of our ten en-suite bedrooms, the team will be delighted to welcome you and will do all they can to ensure your stay with us is both memorable and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Godolphin Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Godolphin Arms Hotel Marazion
- Godolphin Arms Marazion, Cornwall