The Polebarn
TripAdvisor
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Priceline
All reviewstop floorbasement restaurantold buildinglovely buildingreal charactercomfortable bedonly stayed one nightwedding venuewould highly recommend this hotelcentral locationfull englishcar parktown centrecooked breakfasttea and coffee making facilitiesbreakfast was excellenthome from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

we enjoyed our stay for the weekend, very relaxing, lovely refurbishment, great comfy bed, excellent breakfast with lovely omelettes made to order, Natasha is a charming host where nothing was too much trouble. The wifi is free and good fast connections and we could use multiple devices at any one time, no street noise to worry about or noise from other rooms

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Polebarn, Manager at The Polebarn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments,
I'm glad we made a such a positive impression, we were equally charmed to meet you! It's always a real pleasure to meet interesting and charismatic people like yourselves.
My husband is delighted that you gave his omelettes a mention - he already thinks his are the best, though I think that mine are even better!
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed one evening in the twin room. Very clean and comfortable beds. The owners are lovely, young couple. The restaurant area is gorgeous and the food was the BEST!! Haven't had porridge like that for years :) Also accommodated my senior uncle for breakfast and he truly enjoyed the black pudding!
Would certainly stay when in the area again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cook775
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I loved the Polebarn Hotel: friendly staff, great food and nice rooms, though the single rooms are quite small.
I didn't have any complaints at all, but some of my co-travellers had problems with the modernity of their bathrooms. They found some mould in the shower linings. That's the reason for my four point rating, otherwise I would have given the full five points.
But we got the impression that there is a modernization of the bathroom facilities on the way, so maybe the only thing to complain about in my review will be no more issue in the future.
All in all The Polebarn is definitely worth a stay, and the great staff is one of the friendliest I ever met.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

First look at the hotel was amazing it just looks good the architecture is wonderful, the owners were extrememly nice and helpful.
i had a wonderful weekend stay there and i would go back again.
Also i have to say the first hotel to give you hot chocolate in your room fantastic idea :).

Room Tip: if your on your own the single rooms on the top floor is a luxuriouse bedroom with on suite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Four of us stayed her (two couples). The hotel is owned and run by a young couple who are trying to restore this building to it's former glory by sensibly using the profits they make to pay for further restoration. Although there is still more to be done I am sure they will succeed through the hard work they have already done and are prepared to do more. If our experience is anything to go by then they deserve to be successful. It is a family run business and everyone you come into contact with greets you with a smile - especially Natasha. My wife and I had the top floor and the only negative thing I could say was that the stairs could be a bit of a problem whilst carrying your suitcases if you are elderly. But once in the room it is delightfully decorated, very clean, very comfortable and modern. Car parking facilities are available at the rear and you are also served a very filling breakfast.

Room Tip: Although the stairs were not a problem for us, if you are elderly ask for a room nearer ground level as carrying suitcases up the stairs to the top floor may be a problem for you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple