“Best hotel in Trowbridge by far”
Review of The Polebarn

The Polebarn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Trowbridge
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed everywhere in Trowbridge and the polebarn is by far the best in terms of the rooms, the staff, the location and the breakfast. Natasha and the rest of her family always give a warm welcome. Can't recommend enough. I'll miss coming down to trowbridge and staying here. 5* service every time.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank T0M_m_111

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here recently for two nights while visiting Bath. Found the staff and service really friendly. They brought an iron to my room when I asked for it.
It's a family run place and you can tell that they genuinely enjoy what they do and I was made to feel very welcome. The room was recently decorated with a modern bathroom. Breakfast was excellent, and I had an interesting chat with the breakfast waiter!
I plan to stay again later in the year and visit Longleat.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Geoward1
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Me and my partner visited for just one night whilst we were visiting my family. We will certainly be back here again when visiting my family in the future. Lovely building, nicely decorated room (room 3), friendly hosts and a great breakfast with everything you could want in the morning. They have their own parking, quite small but luckily it wasn't too busy so we managed to find a space just fine.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tara p
Reviewed 10 January 2014

A few minutes walk from all the towns amenities, with parking and friendly staff. I enjoyed the authentic charm of this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble, Breakfast was a good spread with a choice of freshly cooked options.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Surriya
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stay at Hilton chain hotels every week for work and as there were none close to Trowbridge I thought I would give this a try (based on TripAdvisor feedback!). I stayed 3 nights one week then 4 nights a few weeks later. I have to say it has completely changed my opinion on independent smaller hotels - in a positive way. Breakfast was great and freshly cooked, as opposed to a mass produced buffet. I had a good room which was recently decorated, had a large shower and comfy bed. The staff go out of their way to help you whatever the request is. They didn't serve food every night, which for a business traveler is often an inconvenience as after a hard day working the last thing you want to do is venture out, but that said, there are plenty of decent restaurants that offer takeaway close by. I went to the greek tavern across the road and the hotel provided me with plates and cutlery etc so really wasn't a problem. I also got a pass to a local gym/boxing club for £4 from the hotel owner which was fantastic. The car parking is a bit tight but I managed to find space each day without any hassle. All in all, a great wee hotel and I will certainly be returning next year when working in the area.

Room Tip: Pay the extra £10 or £20 to get the newly renovated rooms if they are available - room 15 was excell...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scottb83
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was my first stay here although my colleagues stay here often. Onsite parking, though free, is extremely limited and a tight fit. On booking in I was informed there was no restaurant food that night. I was hoping for a quiet night in after a very busy day, but had to venture out. Not happy. My room whilst ok wasn't great. It felt a bit damp. The bathroom was small and cold too.
The positives were a very fast free wifi connection. Speedtest reported a connection exceeding 10mbits. Breakfast in the morning was good and I was allowed to leave my car in their car park for the day even though I was checking out.
The owner did apologies for the lack of food the night before, but given a choice I won't be staying there again. Sorry.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here for the second time, the owners were fantastic and accomadating, and willing to allow our slightly noisy behaviour, though we were not noisy during the night. My room was clean, fresh with a lovely size bathroom for a single. We will return next year . The prices are reasonable and the breakfast was scrummy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trowbridge
Fieldways Hotel & Health Club
#5 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Travelodge Warminster
Travelodge Warminster
#2 of 3 in Warminster

Been to The Polebarn? Share your experiences!