“Half term break to Longleat”
Review of The Polebarn

The Polebarn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Trowbridge
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Another great stay here. This time I took my grandson, we stayed in a twin room on the ground floor which had really high ceiling and a huge bay window.
The staff were really friendly as always and as a returning customer they remembered little things about me that I'd told them when I visited before and took special interest in my grandson and he thought everyone was great. My grandson commented that although it's a B&B it's not like staying in someone's home, he meant you don't feel like you are disturbing anyone when you come and go and although the staff are always on hand and willing to help if you need it, they are not intrusive. Longleat Park is not far, it took us about 15 mins by car.
I hope to bring my grandson in the summer and go to wookey hole and cheddar gorge.
People definitely make a place - thanks again Polebarn.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Has to be one of the most fabulous hallways and staircases I have ever seen. The building and decor is a joy and a delight. The owner has a real flair for interior design and it shows.
Clearly a significant amount of money has been spent to refurbish this beautiful home. The en suite bathrooms are very modern and the bedrooms are beautifully decorated and finished.
Breakfast is in the cellar and is another wonderful surprise. What a fascinating space. Americans would love this!
The house sells itself, the owner is lovely and very helpful and informative. She really deserves to do well.
Only disadvantages were it really needed more heat on such a cold May night. Breakfast would have benefited from high quality orange and artisan bread.
These minor criticisms should be seen as a desire to make this wonderful place a real superstar. I think the price could be increased to cover the additional expense.

Thank you again for sharing your amazing home.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We only stayed one night but found everyone that we encoutered helpful. The bullding is not only usual but has history too. Be good to have something of the history in reception. The room itself was clean and confortable but fairly small. But had a nice new bathroom. Breakfast was also good.

In the evening we went to brucetta's good food and great staff. There are loads of pretty bits in trowbridge but sadly when night falls there were lots of youngsters walking about with cans. Would I stay again in this hotel - yes

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent Good Friday and Easter Saturday at the Polebarn - what a lovely experience. The hotel is beautiful, everyone so friendly and our room (15) was delightful - wonderfully comfortable bed and excellent shower and view of the White Horse at Westbury from the window. Breakfast was again excellent. If we ever venture to this area again we wouldn't hesitate to rebook.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Polebarn, Manager at The Polebarn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi ClareIB and thanks for your lovely comments.

We're pleased that you enjoyed your weekend break and the weather was nice enough to see the view across to the white horse.

We hope to welcome you back here in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Due to leaving before breakfast starts at 7 the hotel were very accommodating and made me a packed lunch every day which has been fab. Although my single room (room 6) is a bit on the small side it is clean and tidy with a VERY comfortable bed. The on suite could do with being up dated and for some reason the TV doesn't have channels 4 or 5. The restaurant they advertise is no longer open but she recommended a kebab place and also let me know about the Chinese & Greek takeaways over the road.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed everywhere in Trowbridge and the polebarn is by far the best in terms of the rooms, the staff, the location and the breakfast. Natasha and the rest of her family always give a warm welcome. Can't recommend enough. I'll miss coming down to trowbridge and staying here. 5* service every time.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank T0M_m_111
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here recently for two nights while visiting Bath. Found the staff and service really friendly. They brought an iron to my room when I asked for it.
It's a family run place and you can tell that they genuinely enjoy what they do and I was made to feel very welcome. The room was recently decorated with a modern bathroom. Breakfast was excellent, and I had an interesting chat with the breakfast waiter!
I plan to stay again later in the year and visit Longleat.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Geoward1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trowbridge
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Warminster
The Conigre
The Conigre
#3 of 5 in Melksham

Been to The Polebarn? Share your experiences!