“Lovely Stay”

Hilbury Court Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Trowbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have had a lovely stay at this hotel this weekend, excellent and friendly staff and great food. They are closing the restaurant soon which is a shame, local 2 for 1 offers from big chain outlets have made things hard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank helan43

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Like a few other reviewers we visited as a result of a groupon offer, we live locally but had never used this restaurant before. We were greeted by a very pleasant young waitress and were invited to use the bar whilst we made our choice from the menu, we opted for a starter of garlic mushrooms, which turned out to be superb.

We then had a steak which was better than many we have had locally, the accompanying veg and chips were well up to standard, if not better than most. The glass of wine that came with the offer was a choice from three classic grape varieties, being a bit of an enthusiast I was surprised there was no obvious wine list. I guess that had I asked our charming waitress she would have told me more than just grape variety.

The restaurant was above my expectations and raised further by the cheerful, helpful young staff

Every chance that we will return

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had been tempted for some time to try this venue after its recent refurbishment. We tried an evening meal and were very pleased, the quality of the food was lovely and the young waitress was very polite, friendly and welcoming. We must say we were spoilt for choice as all the main dishes sounded great and when we saw other diners plates we were thought we had chosen the wrong dishes - but we hadn't. Our meals came cooked to perfection and just how we like it. The only comment we would say is the restaurant is branded as a grill and steak house and we were expecting more grill and steak options however we were certainly not disappointed with what was on the menu nor how it was cooked. This restaurant has a bright future if it continues along these vein, Trowbridge doesn't have a grill or steak house so there is a opportunity to exploit here. We have defiantly found a little gem and all the diners that evening were equally pleased and delighted

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FJ183
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I booked to stay at the Hilbury Court Hotel with my parents for two nights in February while my house was undergoing renovations and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. Due to the renovations of my house getting delayed, I ended up extending my stay to two weeks and by the time I left I felt like a member of the Fox family.
Both John and Debbie could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. Personal touches like asking if I had a nice day at work to offering me a front door key to allow me to come and go as I pleased are just a couple of highlights that made me feel at home. My room (room 8) had a lovely view and very comfy four-poster bed. The bathroom was spotless and cleaned every day. I visited the restaurant one night of my stay and yet again was not disappointed. Food was delicious and served with a smile.
Could not recommend this hotel any more and it is without a doubt the best hotel in the area!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was expecting little other than a mediocre room (single) & adequate comfort for a brief visit to the area to catch up with old friends. I got far more. Very comfortable single room (Room 1) with good shower room/toilet. Good toiletries, towels & tea/coffee etc. That is all fairly standard but this hotel does have that extra "something".......cannot pinpoint what it is....the staff are extremely efficient & friendly but then they are in many places.....but it does feel so much like a home. The bar/lounge is a most relaxing area........and the dining area too. Food is superb......dinners & the breakfasts. Cannot fault this place & look forward to the chance to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We purchased a Groupon steak meal.
We arrived to a very friendly welcome and were taken to the bar for a pre meal drink.
The hotel has recently been decorated and it was very warm and inviting.
Our order was taken and we were taken through to the dining room.
The steak was cooked to perfection. came with 3 x cooked chips and crushed peas, mushrooms and onion rings. It was fantastic.
Full from main course we declined pudding and left feeling completely satisfied.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently visited the London Grill Restaurant at this hotel as part of a Groupon deal. We live fairly locally but had never thought of trying this establishment for a meal until this offer became available . There was a warm welcome and generally very good service. This is not a large restaurant therefore service is very personal which was greatly appreciated. I had a superb fillet steak which was certainly one of the best I have tasted for a few years. All in all a very good experience and well worth a try .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Santana1053
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trowbridge
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel
The Tollgate Inn
The Tollgate Inn
#1 of 3 in Holt
Stowford Mill Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hilbury Court Hotel? Share your experiences!