“Lunch for Two”

The Lunch Box
Ranked #33 of 102 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe in the heart of Trowbridge in Wiltshire offering quality home cooked food and drinks as well as cakes, snacks etc. All at affordable prices!
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Found this friendly restaurant tucked away off the main street. My wife had egg on toast which turn out to be 2 eggs and 2 rounds of toast, but the eggs were a bit overcooked. I had a toasted teacake and a pot of tea for one.

The teacake was excellent and the teapot was enough for 2 good sized cups. My wife had a Latte which was fine.

I am sure we will cal in again

1  Thank Peter C

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Yesterday A friend and i went for Lunch, we had a pot of English Breakfast tea (no Assam) for two and a lovely meal of Local ham. egg and home cooked chips, The staff were friendly as were the customers, we shared a table as it was very busy. The food was well served, freshly cooked and lovely and hot. The portions were generous, there was a wide choice and i will certainly go back.

1  Thank POLLYK4T
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I like this place, it's good old fashioned, no nonsense food at reasonable price. We stopped for lunch today. I had a lovely egg mayo baguette which is served with a mini side salad and coleslaw. My husband had a bacon and mushroom stuffed pitta, with the same side salad. Perfect with a pot of tea on a blustery day! We like to visit this cafe when we come over to Trowbridge, as it's no frills, cosy, homely and very good value for money. Take cash as they don't accept cards.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The Lunch Box offers great quality and standard of homecooked food. It is presented in a homely atmosphere and the service is inviting & friendly. The whole experience is of great relaxation. Its very popular with the locals and with many visitors and has an enormous list of regulars. I DONOT agree with Sophiespark.

1  Thank jackstav
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Cosy little cafe, ok food. Deffinately a old people's place. Like a old persons day centre. Sorry if comes across rude. But it really does look n smell like a old persons home. Don't get me wrong, the staff ate friendly n food is ok. Could do with improving the conservatory/ smell.