“IGNORE THEIR WEBSITE !!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trowbridge
Crown Hotel Trowbridge
Ranked #16 of 17 Trowbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Having seen the website for this pub, I was impressed, I booked two double rooms (en suite) that was advertised on the website. It was £30pppn B&B. (wish now I had gone with travellodge for £57 per room without breakfast).Turns out that the website is a year old. What a difference a year makes!! The young couple said that they had not long taken on the place. It was dreadfull. The rooms were not en-suite, the walls were mouldy, the arm rocking chair fell off when I put a towel on it as the arm was only held together by a screw sticking out. This was in our 'double room' which was a family room with two singles and a double bed, dread to think how that chair could have hurt a child. We were only booked in for the one night, so we stuck it out. Luckily, I had a small bar of soap in my bag because there was no soap in the bathrooms. I have stayed in cheaper hotels and have always found them to have the bare essentials. We were expecting to have steak as on the website it was steaknight - it no longer exists. I felt sorry for the young couple running the place, but I think they should inform other guests who book that the website is not up to date. It was very misleading because I had sent them an email through the website and they replied from the website contact address. The only positive things I can say for this 'B&B' is that the beds were comfortable and sheets were clean, breakfast was just ok. Some people might say, what do you expect for the money, well the truth would have been nice! To anyone reading this I can offer this advise which I will adear do from now on. Ask the hotel if their website is up to date and ask if the facilities are still in place even if you think that it is a daft question to ask at least you should have an honest answer hopefully.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family