“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of BRUSCHETTA RISTORANTE ITALIANO - CLOSED

BRUSCHETTA RISTORANTE ITALIANO
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Opened in November 2011.
UK
“Loved it”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The restaurant is tucked away in a back street and looks at a car park but once inside the staff, surroudings, food and staff were a delight. If in the area would definatley return. It was also reasonably priced.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Always brilliant!!!!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I visited this restaurant for the second time last Saturday and it is always great!!!we had a bread and olives to nibble, 2 fish scallops, the chicken pancetta and leeks and my partner had the fillet steak in Gorgonzola sauce. The portions are very generous, the fillet steak was very tender and my chicken was very tasty!!!!the atmosphere was buzzing and the staff was very friendly and attentive!!!i definitely recommend it if you visit Trowbridge!!!

County Dublin, Ireland
“Great atmosphere, but raw food!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I visited Bruschetta last Friday evening with some old work colleagues. I used to work in Trowbridge and moved back home a few years ago. Bruschetta was sold to me as a gorgeous new Italian that I'd love. So there we went, a group of 8.
The restaurant itself was lovely, the staff very attentive, and the service was excellent all evening. Starter: gorgeous, Main: Steak: More undercooked than I'd ordered. I ordered medium, and got medium rare. That doesnt bother me too much, but I suspect other people wouldnt have been able to eat it. Veg etc was all lovely. And the wine was lovely.
However, an ex colleague of mine order a chicken dish. The chicken was raw at one end. Now I don;t mean a bit pink on the inside - I mean - cold raw on one side. When my colleague complained.... what was he given... another meal? No. Given his meal complimentary? No. He was given a "so very sorry Sir, please accept this complimentary orange juice". Yes, an orange juice. This is disgraceful service.
We ended up tipping after the meal - which I blame myself for as I was in charge of the money and automatically add 10%. They should not have been tipped, but I wasn't going to go back in for my few pound back.

On the whole - the restaurant came highly recommended, and I did enjoy my meal - even if it was a little undercooked. But come on - raw chicken! And a free bleeding orange juice. Lovely staff, but management should have intervened here, or even the chef, to come and apologise.
I don't think I'll be going back - which isnt much because I don't live there, but my 7 ex colleagues certainly won't be.

• Visited May 2014
TrowbridgeSiculo, Manager at BRUSCHETTA RISTORANTE ITALIANO, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Mrs Sandyboo,
thank you for your review. I would like to explain why no action was taken by the management. The chicken wasn`t actually raw. That small part at the end of the chicken was a bit of connective tissue. Let`s start from this fact: the middle of the chicken breast is thicker, so it takes longer to cook. The ends of the chicken breast are thinner, so they are the first to cook. If the chicken was cooked in the middle, it was cooked properly at the ends as well. This is for sure. Even when prober thermometers are used, the middle part is the one that it has to be checked.
Regarding the orange juice...everybody had finished their meals, and even the gentlemen ate all his chicken and he only left that very tiny bit. It was no point to replace his meal, we would have certainly done it if the problem was pointed when we did the check back, but as it was the very end of the chicken, we don`t want to blame the gentlemen for not mention it before. At the end of the meal there is no much we can do, but I felt like I had to do something straight away while the chef was checking the problem. So I offered the same drink the person had before, and it was a J20 juice. I just regret not having explained this to you, but as you were enjoying yourself, and the gentlemen seemed to be fine, I thought it was the better solution. Obviously it wasn`t. We believe customer service is extremely important, we still have your party contacts, so we will try to apologise for the lack of communication and if your party gives us a second chance, we will do our very best to make sure you `ll have a wonderful experience with us!!!
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Pizza better than pasta”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Took a few friends to Bruschetta for a midweek meal and staff were awesome. Proper Italian hospitality and talked us through the menu with passion. Essentially half our party landed up with Pasta & the other half Pizza. The later was definitely better. Pasta dishes didnt blow anyone away but th pizzas were excellent.

Will we be returning? Yes

Visited April 2014
Somerset
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Been to this restaurant many times and the food just gets better and better. The prices are very fair, the menu has good choice and the food is very tasty. The service is fantastic and the staff are so friendly. I would recommend this to anyone that likes an Italian.