Lion and Fiddle
Woolley Grange(Bradford-on-Avon)
Bradford Old Windmill(Bradford-on-Avon)
Swan Hotel(Bradford-on-Avon)
View Hotel
All reviewsnepalese foodgurkha restaurantextensive menutraditional pubsunday lunchlamblovely roomcomfy bedwiltshirebathtakeaway
Reviewed 16 April 2014

After reading some of the other reviews I wasn't expecting too much but I was on a budget and this place was very well priced compared to all others in the area.
I stayed here for 3 weeks whilst on a course in the nearby town and I am pleased to say that I had a really enjoyable stay. Henry the manager is a charming, comical gent and a real character and his staff are lovely. They all made me feel very much at home. Even though I was on a boring training course it felt like a holiday. Anyway, the good points are,; the food, breakfast is made to order so you get what you want and how you want it. The food in the restaurant is excellent, very tasty and lots of choices that are very reasonably priced. I will miss the bed as I slept every night like a baby. The locals who frequented the pub were great and very welcoming. The place is just what you might expect for a friendly country pub. I would say that everything considered it was great value. I would recommend this place but if you are expecting the Waldorf Astoria then do yourself a favour and book the Waldorf Astoria

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Working in the area , this pub is great for an overnight stay Good beer , very friendly staff and good evening meal with a great breakfast. Plenty of safe parking right outside your bedrooms. This is a lovely place to stay if you are looking to explore the Bath and Bristol areas.

Room Tip: room at the back . This is on a round about.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Seemed a quiet pub but very dirty on the outside and we were right about the inside aswell, absolutely revolting. The owner was hardly warm welcoming other than the bar manager Ian who was very friendly so it didn't make it too bad of a stay. The lunch and evening food was surprisingly delicious and would come again until we received the breakfast in the morning. It was served from the owner who looked like he didn't wash his hands as we seen dirty fingers prints on the plates!!! I would like to see someone check to see if he has a food hygiene certificate. Overall I wouldn't come again until new ownership takes over.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Patrick247
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the lion and fiddle for 4 nights when working in Trowbridge, it was that good that I have booked to go back a week in advance as to not miss out.
Ian the hotel/ bar/ manager is fantastic, extremely helpful and very good at his job. The food and service is amazing, I had a different meal each night but the chicken enchiladas with rice was the best.
If you are just passing for one night or staying for a week this hotel is a great place to stay, if you enjoy a warm welcome, great food and great service this is the place in Trowbridge.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Hosepipes
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We came across the Lion and Fiddle this evening because we were unable to sit down and have a drink at the Red Admiral. Thank goodness we did, what a lovely traditional pub, full of locals, nice bar staff and brilliant atmosphere. Good choice of ales. Great place will surely come again. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family