“5 course tasteing menu”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Trowbridge
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“5 course tasteing menu”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stumble across an offer on Amazon Local -- 5 course tasteing menu for 2 people for £39.
We bought 2 so 4 of us went on friday, all i can say it was the most fabulous food i think i have ever tasted, the flavours were wonderful, the quality of the food top class, the service dare i say again top class. I would love to go again, and totally recommend it.The surroundings are 5 star.

1 Thank tjaWiltshire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We had the pleasure of dining here 29.08.14. We were there for a family gathering, so they had to cater for 11 of us. The staff were warm friendly and approachable and did everything to please. Oh my Oh my, what can I say, the food was to die for. We had two courses ( only reason being is that we were too full for dessert). To hear us you'd think we hadn't eaten before, the cause of that was the mouthwatering food that was both hot and fresh and laid before us. Matt the Chef sent out one delight after another. Those savoury duck eggs (if that is what they were called) OMG the taste buds are going again, were stunning, never tasted anything like it. The conversation over the dinner table was how beautiful the food was. A fantastic place to have visited, one that I would without hesitation recommend to others and hopefully have the opportunity to visit again should we be in that part of the country again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 3 weeks ago as my friend was having her wedding reception there. The hotel is beautiful and set in beautiful gardens. It is not a huge place which I liked. We stayed in one of the rooms outside the main building and it was a lovely room. What I liked was that the room was in keeping with the hotel and the traditional decor. To some it may have seemed out of date, certainly the bathroom was not a sparkling new suite but like I say it was in keeping with the rest if the decor. If I had one criticism about the room it would be that the bed was too small, my partner is 6 feet 2 and didn't fit in the bed which was an old four poster type ornate bed. He had to sleep diagonally.
All of the staff were really friendly and helpful, particularly the young girl behind the bar. It definitely made a difference. The wedding reception was lovely and held in a marquee in front of the lovely garden at the back. The food was amazing too! Later on at the evening do we had more snack type food brought round which was chicken and chunky chips and just what we needed.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a wedding, it's the perfect venue! Or for just a stay in the country or as a place to go for some good food.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lymm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Had a great break. Was visiting family in Bradford-on-Avon and although this is a wee bit out of town it wipes the floor with the hotels in BoA, so it is well worth the trip out. It was so perfect we stayed another night. the service was more than accommodating to our needs and a great place to stay with a dog. will defiantly stay again. Thanks

Room Tip: we stayed in one of the cow shed rooms - brilliant
London
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at The Old Manor on Sunday night for a rare night away on my own, without a small child in tow. It was a real treat. Some places just feel good, and this is one of those places. It is described as a 'work in progress' as the new owners bought the hotel just over a year ago, but it is a wonderful place to stay while the plans take shape, and the vision that the owners have can be seen and felt throughout the hotel. I stayed in a charming room, with every amenity I would expect from a boutique hotel; a big comfy bed, flat screen TV and crisp white linen to sleep in. The big bottles of Neal's Yard products are a luxurious touch and the room was spacious but warm and welcoming. The food and restaurant deserves a mention all of its own - the restaurant space is atmospheric and unique, with a characterful little bar tucked away behind the main area to add to the charm of the room. The food was simply delicious, and I struggled to choose from the menu, which was packed full of imaginative courses, all using locally made food veggies / herbs from the hotel's own garden. I highly recommend the peanut hummus starter! I will find any excuse I can to return and would highly recommend this lovely place. I also have it on good authority (i.e - they told me) that there is a little shop opening at the hotel soon - which will sell their home made honey, chutney and jams and the Neal's Yard products and other gifts and treats too! Sleep, food and shopping heaven x

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel through secret escapes fantastic offer!!! We had I nights bed and breakfast with a 5 course tasting menu!!!
The house is fabulous we upgraded to a four poster room for just £10 and was well worth it!!
We had a lovely look around the grounds and walled garden.
Then it was time for our meal it was a lovely room and candles lit on the tables,we started with onion and snail encroute which was delicious although I did leave the snails!!! Followed by whipped goats cheese with bet root which yet again was fabulous,then it was smoked salmon with alioli yet again fabulous !! The main was beef cauliflower mash and broccoli heaven !! Followed by a chocolate dessert which was divine!!! All in all a fabulous meal.
A brilliant night sleep was then followed by an equally fantastic breakfast!!!!
Can't wait to go back

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Cannock, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We booked the secret escape over night stay with 5 course tasting menu . Ryan on the reception was welcoming and very informative of the local area,we took his advise and visited Bradford on Avon the local town which they call a mini Bath well worth a visit.
We were told that the new owners were improving the hotel,our room was away from the main building it had not been refurnished but was spotless.
The dinning room had a homely feel to it we enjoyed the meal but was surprised that they charged £1.50 for bread to go with the soup,the soup by the way was fab!!!!!!
The waiting on staff worked hard but were extremely cheerful especially Amilia .
We would defiantly revisit as it would be a good base to explore the area we visited Stonehenge which was under a hour away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trowbridge
Beechfield House
Fieldways Hotel & Health Club
Bishopstrow House
Bishopstrow House
#1 of 3 in Warminster

Been to The Moonraker? Share your experiences!