“Lovely menu”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The pub has a friendly atmosphere and is wel decorated. Good food especially good value on the "buy one get one free" eveneings.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I visited The Rose and Crown yesterday evening with my husband and was very impressed with the atmosphere menu and service. We did'nt pre-book a table and were able to find a table straight away. The staff were very welcoming and happy to help, they brought our drinks and menus to the table. The menu was very comprehensive with lots to choose from and the prices were very reasonable. I chose the scampi and chips which came with a delicious side salad whilst my husband chose the ham egg and chips, we did'nt have a long wait before being served our food. The staff were happy to bring another round of drinks to our table along with our chosen condiments. The portions were a good size and very well cooked as well as being presented to a high standard. We even had room for a dessert and had a good choice at a good price, i chose the summer berry eton mess and my husband had the chocolate brownie with ice cream, both were very tasty! Our bill for the two of us including drinks came to just over £30 which was very resonable for our evening out!
I can highly recommend The Rose and Crown and will be a returning customer ;-)
Thankyou!