“Trying it's best” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Rose and Crown
Ranked #20 of 92 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Trying it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I pity any publican in Trowbridge. This is a lovely bar, recently reopened and trying hard. I haven't eaten here but the menu looks nice and they make their own Pizzas. Don't go on a footy night unless you don't mind a few loud and lairy types. We hope to go to a comedy night soon! Good luck - we'll keep coming!

Visited August 2012

“Great location and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

Just got back from dinner at the Rose and Crown. Could not fault the service or food in the slightest... Although I am now feeling as fat as a house!!!

I had the steak and ale pie with mash and green beans, it was scrumptious... Although I did really want a steak, but there were no sauces on the menu to accompany... However after I'd placed my order the waitress did say they could quite easily knock one up for me... Wish they were listed on the menu.

My friend had chicken madras rice and poppodom, said it was lovely.

We both finished with desert... God knows how we fitted it all in... Chocolate brownie and sticky toffee pudding, both were spot on :-)

Service was excellent, and prices were extremely reasonable... Main course, pudding and two drinks each was a mere £30... Bargin!!!

Would definitely recommend, although the choice is limited... But definitely worth a visit.

Thank you for a lovely evening.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Trowbridge
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Food was great, staff very polite and courteous!! very cosy decor especially liked the fish wallpaper in the dining area!!

Visited July 2012
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

The pub has a friendly atmosphere and is wel decorated. Good food especially good value on the "buy one get one free" eveneings.

Visited June 2012
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended, enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I visited The Rose and Crown yesterday evening with my husband and was very impressed with the atmosphere menu and service. We did'nt pre-book a table and were able to find a table straight away. The staff were very welcoming and happy to help, they brought our drinks and menus to the table. The menu was very comprehensive with lots to choose from and the prices were very reasonable. I chose the scampi and chips which came with a delicious side salad whilst my husband chose the ham egg and chips, we did'nt have a long wait before being served our food. The staff were happy to bring another round of drinks to our table along with our chosen condiments. The portions were a good size and very well cooked as well as being presented to a high standard. We even had room for a dessert and had a good choice at a good price, i chose the summer berry eton mess and my husband had the chocolate brownie with ice cream, both were very tasty! Our bill for the two of us including drinks came to just over £30 which was very resonable for our evening out!
I can highly recommend The Rose and Crown and will be a returning customer ;-)
Thankyou!