“Pub Grub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were surprised when we went into the pub as the decor was much better then we expected. The waitress was very friendly, although I had to grit my teeth when I was called darling and luv! The menu was small but everything was home made, it was pretty average pub grub. We didn't have to wait long for the food. I might return for lunch but probably not for an evening meal.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went there with my friend for the evening the pub is lovely food came out guickly and was very tasty, all of the staff were very friendly and wellcoming!!

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here.food was served quickly and with a smile.it was tasty pub food.would recommend it to one and all.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a meal at the R&C on Sunday evening. Having had a long day shopping, it was a welcome sit down!

We particularly enjoyed the nachos starter ! In fact, I'd go as far as to say I'd have these as a main too!

The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. It was comedy night and we would definitely like to give this a go next time it's on.

We were slightly disappointed that pizzas aren't served on a Sunday....but we'll visit on a Monday to try them instead!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We're quite regular at the R&C these days but so far this year have had a mixed experience each time. We were initially wowed by their reasonably priced roasts with nice trimmings like red cabbage and parsnip crisps, and their homemade salsa which they serve with the nachos. But a couple of times there have been the following issues:
Burnt roast potatoes
No sour cream (as advertised) with the nachos
Burnt choc brownie
Dry lasagne
String found in amongst beef in roast

I do really like the setting and the staff are amazingly accomodating but I'm coming to the conclusion that the food is a bit hit and miss. I think they need to make sure they continue to strive for perfection on every plate and not take shortcuts with a microwave in quieter times.

I think the slight decline was noticeable today; usually packed restaurant area was empty today when we were there.

We will keep going no doubt as it's close and the roasts are only £6.95 which is excellent value, but we made arrangements today to try somewhere else out next week.

1  Thank Becky M