“Best restaurant in Trowbridge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greek Taverna Yamas - CLOSED

Greek Taverna Yamas
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Bath, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Trowbridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Visited with friends in a party of 8. Wonderful food, authentic setting, great service. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Great menu with good range of Greek food. For starters we tried the calamari (amazing) the cod bites which were soft and tasty and lovely houmous and breads and dips. The main courses were equally good - lovely chicken, very tasty steak, and the lamb shanks fell of the bone. Very friendly service, nothing was too much trouble - can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2014

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lush!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Service was great, very friendly, food came out very quickly, portions looked quite small but turned out to be just the right amount on the plate. We will be going back to try some more food of the menu. Recommend the Greek Tavern

1 Thank jotab1985
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Very good. must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We tried Yamas for first time today, and I must say we were impressed. I have tried other Greek restaurants in Bath, Bristol and London and Yamas appears the best so far.
We had a mixed grill, which was very nicely cooked and delicious. The service was prompt, professional and efficient. The restaurant was clean and very pleasant, and reasonably priced.
I can see that some people can get upset with some aspects like music, lighting etc but I guess it is difficult to satisfy everyone when comes to this kind of matters.
Anyway we were very impressed and I feel Yamas will be the restaurant of choice for us. Even as takeaway beats all the others in the town including Indian kebabs, pizzas!!
We will definitely go back and strongly recommend it.

Westbury, United Kingdom
“Hidden Greek Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stopped by for an impromptu meal. We loved the place! Great service, friendly (not overbearing) great ambiance, delicious authentic food, Greek beers. The portions were hearty and each dish had identity through the flavour. We'd definitely recommend this place & will be back. I enjoyed it so much, I was compelled to write my first ever review in order to support a new local business. I'll be back!

“HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had a good time at the restaurant , have eaten all over Greece and the food was spot on very delicious, just makes you want to eat more and more, the wine is very unique with a lovely bitter taste, atmosphere is brilliant makes me feel I am in Greece and not in crapy Trowbridge , owner of restaurant is kind and very helpful ( mr Ilias ) would recommend this restaurant to any one all over Somerset, it's worth visiting ( you would have to try the home made dessert baklava with honey sauce.

Overall rating 5/5