“November Offer”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Trowbridge
Bath, United Kingdom
“November Offer”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have been going to Fieldways for 12 years for a variety of treatments but I will never set foot in there again. My friend and I decided to have a day pamper package. We spent the morning in the conservatory chatting and noticed it got decidely colder as the morning went on only to find out later that the heating was playing up. We had a light lunch - no choice of what lunch other than the fillings on our jacket potato. Our afternoon treatments were superb as they have always been. The problems came when we went to pay our bill. I had paid my bill two weeks previously with gift vouchers I had received but could not make the receptionist understand this - I tried several times to explain to three different people. Luckily, I had asked for a receipt when I paid so could produce this. What should have been a lovely day was totally spoiled by the incompetance of the receptionist and the owners wife. I left the hotel feeling totally deflated and not relaxed at all. I was told the manager would ring me - she did not. I went back the following day to get the rest of my vouchers reimbursed and was told again that the manager would ring me...... I am still waiting.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Angela L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As a group of 10 girls this was our 6th trip to Fieldways. We were booked into rooms 1, 3, 4, 5 and 13 and were pleased to see these had been freshly decorated and were very clean. However the atmosphere seems to have changed, I believe there are different people doing the day to day running and they seem a bit disorganised. We had the same ladies carry out our treatments that we have had in the past and these were excellent. But the food was a huge disappointment, previously we have raved about the food unable to believe it could be to such a high standard for such good prices, however they have clearly made cut backs in this department. We had beef lasagne which was basically heated up in a microwave and was tasteless mush. When we told the lady serving us how disappointed we were she said she was surprised as the lasagne was only cooked on Thursday! it was Saturday! The breakfast was also a disaster with half the full english breakfasts cold, and the waitress unable to get any of the orders correct. The quality of the sausages was unedible! It is such a shame I understand they want to make cut backs but not at the expense of poor service and poor food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rooner2013
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have stayed here with my mum every year for the past five years. It is fantastic value for money, amazing service and treatments and the food is really tasty. I cant say enough how much i enjoy going and look forward to the relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 12.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicola W
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Live locally and fancied a swim. Walked into reception and the young man hardly acknowledged us gave us the key to the lockers for a £1 deposit. Spent £5 each to swim. Went into the changing rooms to change. Couldn't find the locker we had a key for so carried our belongings through to the poolside. Unfortunately there were three people in the pool already which proved difficult to swim up and down with the others in the pool. The pool room smelt fousty and the grout had mould on most of the tiles. The jacuzzi was lovely however again, the tiles with grout missing and crumbling plaster falling into the jacuzzi didn't add to our already declining opinion. We got out to find the sauna wasn't switched on. Maybe it was broken but there was no sign to say so. When we showered the water was nice and hot but it was little more than a dribble. On our way back out to reception we noticed the lockers IN RECEPTION!!! Can't see anyone slipping on their bikini and running back to receptions to store their belongings safely. All in all my impression of this establishment was a tired, unloved place which in all honest reminded me of a retirement home. Walked past the lounge room to find plastic outside furniture to sit on! Won't be back to use these facilities again.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Nazza678
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I cannot comment on the hotel itself as I have not stayed there but the treatment I received at the Health Club was very poor. I booked a 30 minute Indian head massage in August 2013. The waiting room was untidy with junk mail scattered about and very old magazines on the table, I was kept waiting for my appointment then the massage itself was only 15 minutes long and not very good. I complained at the time and have written to ask why the treatment was only half the time I had paid for but have not had a reply from them despite reminding them about my complaint, I can only assume they do not care. I cannot recommend this establishment.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank MQQ2013

Travellers are raving about these Trowbridge hotels

worcester
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The room is dated, the shower had no pressure so didn't even bother. The evening meal of ham, eggs and chips was poor, the eggs were over cooked and the ham was from a packet from a superstore. The breakfast didn't happen as the chef had not arrived so had coffe and toast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank waynesparkes
Reviewed 18 August 2013

After coming here for the last 12 years on overnight stay, I have never been disappointed until now. The treatments are faultless, and were most enjoyable. However, we stayed in room 10 which I believe had not been cleaned in a long time. The kettle and teapot were filthy with dust. The TV did not work. Litter left on window sill and a dirty teeshirt in top drawer. Also, the shower was absolutely freezing...not even luke warm. The rooms are still tired even though the web site states that the rooms have been updated. I believe the prices are going up, and would not be prepared to pay anymore unless the basic cleanliness was to change. I am not sure after all these years, I would want to return, which is a shame. Serious money needs to be invested.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank HenHunt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trowbridge
The Polebarn
#1 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Bishopstrow House
Bishopstrow House
#1 of 3 in Warminster

Been to Fieldways Hotel & Health Club? Share your experiences!