This place has been slaughtered by reviewers on this site. Whether their claims are reasonable or not, I can’t say. But I do a lot of travelling and I really liked my stay here and I’d definitely come back. Sure, the décor is straight out of Fawlty Towers – it hasn’t been decorated since the 70s I’d guess, but the rooms are comfortable, warm and clean. What was absolutely marvellous was the evening meal, served in a beautiful wood panelled room by a very obliging and talented cook. (I had prawn and haddock bake with vegetables. It was absolutely delicious – best I’ve ever tasted.)
The two sisters who ran the place were very friendly, and delighted to show me the more curious aspects of the hotel when they could see how interested I was in its
History and architecture. It’s a fascinating building – not quite a stately home, but built by a mill owner who had made a lot of money. Breakfast was excellent too – prompt and set me up for the day. (Kippers and a fried egg – marvellous! – plus orange juice, satsumas, muesli and tea.)
So – a real antidote to the soulless international chains and with food a hundred times better than those chains’ ‘Beefeaters’ and ‘Table Tables’ and what have you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fieldways Hotel is a small independant family owned Boutique Hotel set in a victorian mansion house. Fieldways is set in its own gardens and in the heart of the west wiltshire. We are in a central location for visiting wiltshire close to Lacock, Longleat, Stonehendge, Salisbury and Bath as well as being surrounded by many other picturesque towns and villages such as castlecombe and bradford on avon, and located approx 1 mile from the beautiful kennet and avon canal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Fieldways Hotel & Health Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fieldways Hotel And Health Club
- Fieldways Hotel & Health Club Trowbridge, Wiltshire