Just got back from an overnight break with my daughter. She had a large twin room, mine was a small single and both were clean and adequately furnished. My shower was a bit small but OK.
The packages are excellent value. Some treatments are included and you can book others which we did. We also swam both days, having the pool more or less to ourselves.
The treatments are superb and at sensible prices. Having looked at other flashier places, (and have been to them in the past) I can honestly say that the treatments here are as good, if not better, than anywhere. And in some cases at around half the price. There's a slightly old-fashioned feel about the place - it's an old building and is a bit of a maze but is beautiful in its own way. The dining rooms are wood panelled and are lovely.
The food was excellent - included in an overnight package is a dinner, a breakfast and a lunch.
My only gripe is that hardryers aren't provided in the rooms. You can borrow one from reception but they're limited. Having said that, there's plenty of room to wash and dry your hair in the pool changing area. I could have taken my own but assumed that these days there's always one provided. A minor issue but one which Fieldways might want to address - you need to have dry hair when going for treatments. So I recommend taking your own and also a bathrobe as it's nice not to have to change after a swim.
I would also prefer a proper bathmat instead of a disposable one! Towels and slippers are provided.
All in all, a wonderful break and something we would certainly consider doing again. The staff and therapists are very friendly, helpful and approachable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fieldways Hotel is a small independant family owned Boutique Hotel set in a victorian mansion house. Fieldways is set in its own gardens and in the heart of the west wiltshire. We are in a central location for visiting wiltshire close to Lacock, Longleat, Stonehendge, Salisbury and Bath as well as being surrounded by many other picturesque towns and villages such as castlecombe and bradford on avon, and located approx 1 mile from the beautiful kennet and avon canal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Fieldways Hotel & Health Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fieldways Hotel And Health Club
- Fieldways Hotel & Health Club Trowbridge, Wiltshire