“Excellent value pampering”

Fieldways Hotel & Health Club
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Trowbridge
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Just got back from an overnight break with my daughter. She had a large twin room, mine was a small single and both were clean and adequately furnished. My shower was a bit small but OK.
The packages are excellent value. Some treatments are included and you can book others which we did. We also swam both days, having the pool more or less to ourselves.
The treatments are superb and at sensible prices. Having looked at other flashier places, (and have been to them in the past) I can honestly say that the treatments here are as good, if not better, than anywhere. And in some cases at around half the price. There's a slightly old-fashioned feel about the place - it's an old building and is a bit of a maze but is beautiful in its own way. The dining rooms are wood panelled and are lovely.
The food was excellent - included in an overnight package is a dinner, a breakfast and a lunch.
My only gripe is that hardryers aren't provided in the rooms. You can borrow one from reception but they're limited. Having said that, there's plenty of room to wash and dry your hair in the pool changing area. I could have taken my own but assumed that these days there's always one provided. A minor issue but one which Fieldways might want to address - you need to have dry hair when going for treatments. So I recommend taking your own and also a bathrobe as it's nice not to have to change after a swim.
I would also prefer a proper bathmat instead of a disposable one! Towels and slippers are provided.
All in all, a wonderful break and something we would certainly consider doing again. The staff and therapists are very friendly, helpful and approachable.

• Stayed: September 2010

Reviewed 17 September 2010

This is a lovely small hotel (about 15 rooms I believe) offering wonderful spa treatments and overnight packages. The amenities in the room were basic with a TV and a coffee/tea station but the bed was comfortable and the shower was adequate and everything was clean. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly Reception staff who showed us to our room. In the room, we were provided with some towels, slippers and soap.
There were plenty of treatments available and each treatment I received (manicure, back neck and shoulder massage and facial) was professional and absolutely amazing.
The price of the one night package is extremely good value as the treatment is not only wonderful but the food is outstanding. As the package is such a good price, it is no wonder that they have obviously decided to put more money into delivering good food and service rather than adding unnecessary decorating to the walls and rooms.
Don't get me wrong, the room was basic but the only time spent I spent in it was getting changed, inbetween treatments and sleeping.
I will definitely be making another visit to Fieldways and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank melk83
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I would have to say that overall quality of the hotel was good for me I was originally in room 112 but the water pressure wasn’t the best so I switched to 109 the one night I didn’t go to bed drunk I was watching TV and the drawer I kept my socks and white shirts in that was open the whole day because I’m a bit messy when I stay at hotels closed by itself then I proceeded to have a 2 min full body chill which got annoying about 1:30 min in I don’t know if it was my own mind that gave me the chills after I saw the drawer below the TV close in front of my yes but it only happen that one night I will deff not be sober when I go to sleep next time but food is good

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I have been going to fieldways for a number of years now.myself and friends go to the spa and stay over for a night or two on the package over night stays. We have always had such a lovely time there. staff are all so down to eath, and make you feel so relax. the food is wounderful.all bedrooms are really nice, very clean, and if you need anything you only have to ask! they always make you feel welcome.really nice place to stay, i would recommend this hotel to anyone.well done to all staff at fieldways, and a big thank you!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We (a group of 5 ladies) went here to celebrate a 40th birthday, We had a fab time, the staff were friendly the treatments were the best, food was delecious (plenty of it too) and rooms were very comfortable. Sorry to dissapoint you, but we didn't see or hear any such ghost as mentioned in previous reviews. We will all return hopefully to make in an annual trip so if your reading this just book it and go, you will have a great relaxing time xx

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Myself and some friends stayed here a couple of weeks ago and had a fantastic time, our treatments were fantastic. the food is also very good and it was nice to see the rooms have been nicely referbished since we last went there 3 years ago. the staff are very friendly and we also noted that the swimming pool has also been redone since we last stayed and it was also nice and clean. we also went in the gym there which was very good. I can say that all in all fieldways is a very nice place to go and have a well needed break and i would recommend to anybody, and best of all its very cheap!! ex value.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Grubby and outdated room, beauty treatments were good, but swimming pool changing area and jacuzzi area were dirty! Food was luke warm and not at all appetizing and service was slow.

Really wouldn't recommend to anyone, even on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beewatch1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trowbridge
Widbrook Grange
#1 of 4 in Trowbridge
Woolley Grange
Woolley Grange
#2 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon

Been to Fieldways Hotel & Health Club? Share your experiences!