“Mixed feelings”

Cinnamon Lounge
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Price range: US$0 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reading, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

First impressions were very good, it's a lovely setting, very clean and well presented. We were asked if we wanted poppadams before we were given the menu, we agreed and I expected a small cost for this, although in many other Indians in the area this is free. We ate one each with some of the yoghurt dip and mango chutney, however when the bill came we were charged for two each and there was a £4 charge for the dips which I thought was far too much for what it was. We had also ordered tap water and a small orange juice each, which was supposed to be £2. We were given a larger glass but it tasted watered down, and then on the bill this was itemised as 'mixed drinks' for £7.45, and told that £2 was the price for the small and we had the large. What we couldn't understand is that £7.45 doesn't even divide by two, so we felt a little ripped off, but payed as they insisted this was right. It put a downer on the evening really, which was a shame because the service was good, and the food was tasty, though I would have preferred it to be a little warmer.

Visited July 2014

Schweiz
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, very friendly staff, nice stylished ambiance. Highly recommended. What to say more?Visit and enjoy as we did.

1 Thank B W
Devon, United Kingdom
“Birthday break weekend meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Spent the wekend in Trowbridge in April when they had only been open a couple of weeks. One of the best Indian meals we have had. Beautifuly decorated. Staff excellent and really good value for money would have expected the bill to have been considerably more. Will return if back in area.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank ClaireIB
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have had three meals at the Cinnamon Lounge; two in the restaurant and one takeaway. Eating in was very enjoyable on both occasions, the takeaway not quite as good.

I first ate there on opening night when all food was half price, which was a bonus. My wife and I had prawn bhuna and puri starters (heartily recommended although it is now served in the form of a wrap so not quite so generous with the prawns though still delicioso), followed by half a tandori chicken, biryani and cheese and peas (very good).

I went again with my mother and son for lunch and had the prawn bhuna starter again and a pint of lager. My son had a kids meal (nice touch for Indian restaurant) of fried chicken and chips. Kids being kids he only ate the chips so I finished his chicken and it was excellent.

I did not enjoy the takeaway as much. The lamb was mutton and a little tough but maybe I lacked appetite at the time. It was certainly nice getting complimentary popadoms and dip.

From my experience the best Indian restaurant in Trowbridge.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jim & Kayla M
Swindon
“Best Indian by miles...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

What can I say about the Cinnamon lounge that hasn't already been said?
I've had a sit down meal and a takeaway delivered to my door. Both meals were fantastic. The vegetarian options are really imaginative and made a really pleasant change.
The menu is huge with the standard fare but also some really interesting specials, dishes I've never heard of before.
We went on a Monday night which was quiet, I'd suggest a banquet meal on a Sunday, 5 dishes for £9.99!!
This is by far the best Indian restaurant in Trowbridge and as I've tried them all I can say it with some authority :-)

• Visited June 2014