“I won't be bothering again”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #52 of 96 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After my prior experience here was poor, I'd put it down to teething problems but after I decided to give this restaurant a second chance. Unfortunately I am now on a gluten free diet so the choice of meals wasn't as good as my prior visit and there aren't any special deals such as the lunch menu available for customers requiring this diet. There was nothing on this menu that appeared particularly tempting so I ended up ordering a 'skinny burger' and a jacket potato as I wasn't offered chips (they must contain gluten). I was no more impressed with it when it arrived either. The meat was cooked okay but the jacket potato wasn't great. I used to look forward to eating out but this was definitely a case of 'make do'.

Outside of the food itself I wouldn't rate the service to have been excellent but I wouldn't have said it was terrible and a with my prior visit, it was quite slow.

There are newer reviews for Frankie and Benny's

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Staying locally we thought we would try Frankie and Bennies. We were sat promptly and asked immediately for drinks order. Ordered food lasagne with house salad, spaghetti and was asked if we would like garlic bread, which we agreed. Waited a whole for the good after watching my house salad sit on the hot plate. Lasagne, spaghetti and house salad arrived only to be told that the garlic bread wasn't ready and would be a couple of minutes. After 5 minutes still no garlic bread. We had to stop eating so we could have the bread with our food. The house salad was disgraceful! It consisted of two lettuce leaves and some tiny tiny chopped up onion and tomato dressed in so much sauce you couldn't see the colour of the lettuce all for about £4. Overall the portions were small. When the garlic bread arrived it wasn't cooked properly in the middle. When asked by the waitress if everything was ok we replied not really for her to say good and walked away (clearly not listening to my reply). Paid the bill and left never to return!!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our second & final visit. First time we made allowances for the fact that they had only been open a short while.

We went for an early lunch on a Tuesday 11.30ish. Couldn't have been more than 4 tables occupied. Felt invisible standing at the "wait here to be seated" point.

Once we were seated, waitress fairly quickly took our drinks order. It was obviously a very complicated order, 2 fruit shoots, 1 Coke, 1 orange juice & a glass of red wine, as they took over 15 minutes to arrive.

During this interval she took our food order.

When we eventually took possession of our food, not quite an hour but not far short, it was OK, pretty much in line with other F & Bs, although it did have a more thrown at the plate feel about it.

The staff all seem to be happy, smiley, have a nice day trained, but that's where the training seems to have stopped. They just don't seem to have a clue.

On the plus side, the background music is great as always, but then it's difficult to see how they could muck that up.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I thought I would wait to review until I had been a few times but even with only one other table to serve, my experience was quite bad. Slow, ill informed staff. Rude chef. When asked whether the pork sausage advertised was a sausage or a frankfurter I was almost laughed at. It's a frankfurter sausage!!! Still no clearer to me. I hate frankfurters! I love Wiltshire sausages though. We'll not be back.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Have tried F&B's in Trowbridge now on four occasions and have formally complained to Head Office each time. Don't know why I bothered though - they clearly don't pay any attention!

Compared to all other F&B's we have been to, this one is a joke. Food good. Service is quite frankly, appalling. It has been each and every time we have been, whether it was busy or not.