I stayed at the hall for one night and must say, the building and gardens are without a doubt stunning. Its a shame that the accommodation doesn't quite match up to the surroundings. The bedrooms I believe were once part of a monastery so the small-ish size and slightly odd layout can be forgiven. For £85 a night however, once inside the room you didn't really get a lot for your money. Although clean, the bathroom suite was very dated as were the bedroom furnishings. Some rooms didn't actually have an en-suit bathroom which meant a trip across the hallway to use the shower and toilet. We had to ask for another kettle for the room as the one already in there was black inside with mould and was missing its lead. Breakfast was included in the price, there was a very good selection and the food was good quality. Lastly, although I would not necessarily recommend this as a place to stay, its definitely worth a day visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dartington Hall is a grade 1 listed property set within a 1200 acre private estate. Our bedrooms are located around the 14th century medieval courtyard offering a mix of heritage and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dartington Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dartington Hall Hotel Dartington
- Dartington Hall Hotel Devon