“A memorable place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dartington
Velwell House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Dartington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed for two nights in this lovely house. Val was very welcoming and ensured our stay was memorable. The rooms were spacious, light and well equipped with quality bathrooms and comfortable beds. The breakfast menu was thoughtfully planned and of excellent quality including homemade bread and jams. Val is a talented artist and it was lovely to be surrounded by her work which her stunning home did justice to. Would love to come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jane M
There are newer reviews for Velwell House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I wish I could of written this sooner but I went to Istanbul after leaving Devon.
Now VelWell House is just amazing and Val was the perfect host. We booked this venue as we were attending a wedding.

We arrived on Friday 24th May in the afternoon and we were greeted by Val and shown around the beautiful house. Our bed room was massive and the king size bed was so comfortable. The room is spot less and the walk in shower is excellent.

Val gave us all the information we needed about the area and house. We were offered coffee and some lovely lemon drizzle cake (yum)

Now don't get me started about breakfast Val can cook up a storm it was the best English breakfast I've had in a long time.

I've told all my friends and I would highly recommend this beautiful BB to anyone. I will be coming back :-)

Val is a painter and her home is full of her fantastic art work.

Val thank you so much for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ms247
Reviewed 31 May 2013

From the warm welcome, to the chic, elegant drawing room; from Val's delicious breakfasts to the spacious and stylish rooms...and the gorgeous views...even better from the hammock in the garden...everything about staying here is uplifting. Val is an artist and unsurprisingly has a great eye for beauty. We felt very lucky to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DEAN H
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Faultless!
Stayed here from the 21st - 24th April 2013. Was given a fantastic welcome, my room was excellent & to a very high standard, the views were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and Val was the perfect host, the food was delicious. A most relaxing and comfortable stay, shall most definately visit again!! Thoroughly recommend a visit.

Room Tip: The Square Room - Views and tranquility are superb.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Telford01
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Vellwell House is by far best BnB I have ever stayed at.

We had a wedding to attend so me, my girlfriend and then a colleague and his partner stayed for 2 nights to make a weekend of it. We arrived and the first thing we joked was to stay in the BnB instead of going to the wedding as it was that nice.

Val who is an artist greeted us with Coffee and Cake which was needed after a 6hour drive, and throughout our stay was so welcoming and friendly. Our second night we decided to stay in and watch DVDs in the guest lounge as there is a 3D TV to enjoy.

The rooms are perfection, we stayed in the square room and fell in love with the huge bed and great views. Val ensured we fed us well with beautiful home made breads and jams along with a lovely fryup. Second morning we tried the continental and again this was perfect, lovely fresh croissants, breads, fruits, breosh and toast. Faultless!

If ever we have to go back down to the area, Velwell is the only place we will look to stay.

Just finally want to say Thank You to Val and her husband for doing everything they could to ensure we had a great stay!

P.S if I had the money I would have been buying one of your beautiful paintings! Very impressed with your work!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Broochi
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We have visited Velwell House twice now. There is a fantastic welcome with tea and cakes, our room was lovely with a high standard of decoration and amazing views over the Devon countryside, and breakfast was superb. We were well looked after and made to feel very comfortable and relaxed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John_190759
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights and wished it had been longer! Val and Gareth are both welcoming and interesting, Val is an artist and this shows in every aspect of the house. Velwell House is in the most amazing location with lovely views over the surrounding countryside.

Our stunning room was both spacious and comfortable, the food delicious both "welcome cake" and breakfasts with homemade breads, jams, yogurt and pancakes.

Val couldn't have been more helpful, suggesting and booking restaurants and great places to visit. This is definitely the most wonderful place to stay and I would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank valeco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartington
The Old Forge at Totnes
#1 of 1 in Littlehempston
Higher Tideford House
Higher Tideford House
#3 of 3 in Cornworthy

Been to Velwell House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!