“Much better.” 4 of 5 bubbles

132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“Much better.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

When I last reviewed the Dartington Cider Press I was not impressed and felt it was loosing its way. After visiting today I've changed my mind. It's has improved and it was an enjoyable visit. The Food Fair was in full swing when we arrived and it was fantastic. There was a large marque showcasing West Country products. It was all way too tempting and we left with lovely goodies. We had a great lunch of Paella from a Basque Country chef. Then we headed for the kitchen shop. Far too much temptation so shop we did. Then it was time for tea so we decided on the Venus Cafe. It was great. Fresh and cheerful. The Bakewell tart was heavenly. We wandered through the other shops, yes the goods on offer are expensive but good quality. The food shop is a massive improvement. Loved everything about it. We bought pasties, pies, cheese, jams and chutneys. Before leaving we enjoyed a super ice cream and appreciated the jazz group. Great music. Yes, there is a charge for parking but it's refundable on making a purchase. We were told the charge was due to people parking and leaving their car all day while they took off somewhere else. Today was a really great day out.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Worldstar44

Exeter, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Cheap Dartington Glass”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Went to buy Dartington glass gifts for family as most are half the RRP as discontinued stock. This bit of the complex is worth the visit, I'd give everything else a wide berth. Overpriced and pointless. Adding insult to injury are the car park charges.

Honiton, United Kingdom
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“unimpressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was my last visit. I'll not return.

I'm expected to pay to park and then the process are very very high. A loaf of bread was £3.79. I'm all for artisan produce but don't charge me for both parking and then very very high prices.

After being a loyal customer for many years I've had enough of this attitude that well keep paying more and more.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank CustomerConsultant
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Pretty awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Wi-if not working, ATM not working, nowhere to picnic on a rainy day (chucked out of cafe for wanting to eat picnic with two young children on a rainy day) and manager too busy to discuss any of it with me.

The only good thing about this place Is "crazy about clay", the pottery workshop which is well organized, reasonably priced, and has a lovely atmosphere.

Visited April 2014
Hereford, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Over priced and unwelcoming”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The objects in various shops are hugely overpriced. We visited on a quiet morning in March , in most shops we were the only ones browsing and not one member of staff greeted us.

1 Thank Hereford26