“Nice Sunday Lunch”

The Unicorn Inn
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Pontypool
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pontypool's best kept secret! Serving freshly cooked food, including homemade desserts, mouth watering steaks, all your pub classics and chef's specials. Also serving some great real ales and freshly made coffee. All served in a warm relaxed and friendly atmosphere!
wales
“Nice Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ambience was quite good, disappointed that the only choice of starter was french onion soup. The main course was plentiful although both the roast potatoes and the Yorkshire puddings were the frozen sort, the vegetables were nice. Good choice of desert and large portions.

• Visited May 2014

Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Our favourite restaurant”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I can't understand why this place hasn't got more brilliant reviews. As a family we visit here often. We had my 18th birthday, my Mum and Dads 50th birthday and my Nans 70th birthday here upstairs in the function room. You can tell we are big fans. The staff are great, it’s always packed so there’s a great atmosphere. You need to book in advance especially around Christmas.

The food where do I start? Perfection from starter to desert. I always have the chicken and bacon stack which is amazing with huge portions and it tastes fantastic. My parents rave about the stakes. The menu is so varied it's hard to choose what you want. If you’re going to have a desert I recommend the raspberry cheese cake! The prices are definitely reasonable for the amount you get at such a high quality. It has a nice little bear garden too and is also accessible for those using a wheelchair.

• Visited March 2014
Isle Of Wight
“Great food at a sensible price”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I ate here before embarking on the Black Mountains Roundabout (a mountain marathon). This was the second tinme we had eaten here and our first experience made our decision of where to eat this time. The menu is varied, the prices are sensible and the service is very good. We will certainly be back and have recommended our friends to go there if they are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Best place in torfaen”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Been here quite a few times now, many evenings great food and atmosphere a real hidden gem but after our anniversary Sunday meal here I really have to say it's the best place in torfaen !!

• Visited April 2014
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
“Great meal and service”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Sunday lunch for family celebration, eighteen {i think) we all sat together and a big thank you for that. the meal was first class as was the service. It was busy but they managed it without waiting longer than you would expect. Will get there again.

• Visited March 2014